New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno Zkk 602 with NECG Peep Sight
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone

I have a question for all you boffins out there and hoping you would be able to point me in he right direction. I have 2 Brno Zkk 602 rifles one is .375 and the other is .458Lott it was converted to the Lott. I have bought 2 NECG cz 550 peep sights for my rifles but unfortunately I did not get them in time to take to Zimbabwe with me and try them out. I have heard and read a few articles about the NECG peep sights not working too well with the factory front sight on the rifles so I know I'm going to have to buy some new front sights which is fine. Before I left Zimbabwe I checked my front sights and the dimensions. on my .375 it is a number 7 factory sight and on my .458 it is a number 8 factory sight. So
My question is with the rifles I have with these peep sights does anyone know the correct front sight I need to get from NECG for my rifles ? They have 6 different height front sights but they are 30 bucks a pop so I don't want to have to by all 6 to try and then have 5 left over once I find the correct one !! I have emailed NECG so will see what they say if they get back to me but if any of you guys out there could point me in e.g. Right direction I will be forever grateful !!

Cheers for now

Bzkk602

Posts: 3 | Location: Uk | Registered: 06 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too many variables. Distance, load, what point of impact you want for the bullet and even is you take a full bead or a part bead sight picture.

Best advice is try the rifle and see where it shoots in relation to a fixed mark woth the sight you have. Then work out how much you need to add to the sight blade to give you the point of impact you want to the sight picture that you use.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the cz sight inserts are measured in MM ...

decide what distance you want them to work at -- i suggest 50 yards, though 20 or 100, it's the same thing...

take out the factory sight, super glue a toothpick in, and black it with a sharpie ... i like side cut dykes/wire cutters for the rest...

make it higher than the existing sight ...

trim it to make it work, this will take a couple tries, measure it and order that height --

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had Recknagel/NECG sights on my CZ and Brnos rifles for years. Rugged, easy to adjust and dependable, that's all I use.

They do shoot high with the factory-issued front sight. I'll give you metric measurements with approximate imperial translation.

The rear sight has a .5mm thread (.02"), which gives 4 half-turn adjustments for 1mm (.04") in height. On a 602 this translates in roughly 35mm change at 100m for every half-turn adjustment (1.5" at 110yd).

Set your rear sight 1mm high from the bottom (4 half-turns). Shoot a few groups at 100m (110yd), draw a line 50mm (2") above POA and and measure how much off you are in elevation (ideally, you'd want to end up about 50mm high at 100m, or 2" high at 110yd).

Whatever distance your group's center is off from the baseline, divide it by 140 and you'll have a good idea of how much difference you want in the front sight.

At this point it pays to do as suggested above, and try with a mockup sight.

On my rifles I use fibre optic sights. I cut them myself fom Recknagel/NECG Patridge front sights, that I order oversized. These end up much stronger than the fiber optic fronts available on the market, which all have tiny flimsy metal loops holding the fiber in place - and get damaged very easily.

I file and reshape the rear sight, to make it more streamlined and user friendly. As it comes out of the box it's full of very sharp corners, a knuckle-breaker...

Then I also file a small dovetail steel plate to cover the unsightly Express sights base slot

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote