New
Find
Notify
Tools

So many actions, so little money
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After seeing this thread from ForrestB, I thought I better chime in with photos of my own score. Five left hand Zastava actions – 3 x magnum bolt and 2 x standard. cheers

The barrels are Pacnor. My smith said they were the best externally finished chrome moly barrels he had ever seen (and yes, he’s seen a lot).

I have plans for most of these, but am still deciding on what to do with two. My gunsmith has these in his job queue, but I am unlikely to see them as complete rifles for some time. Its disappointing to have to wait, but perhaps better for my bank account. boohoo

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good on ya!
I envy you those lefties. I wish I could find a source for left handed Zavastas here in the States.
My gunsmith took 5 months to blueprint my left handed MRC action and fit my barrel to it. I don't think I could live through the wait for five of them.

Cheers

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
still deciding on what to

Fergus,
I'll take one off your hands and save you the decision!

I can't tell from the stampings in the pictures what those barrels are. What have you decided on so far?

Let's hear a few of your plans and see if we can't add to them here.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there any way we can buy those in the states?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.416" 1:14 twist
9.3mm 1:12 twist
.500 can't read the twist rate

Yum, yum.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going to be good projects, your going to have some fun no doubt.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stu C:

I can't tell from the stampings in the pictures what those barrels are. What have you decided on so far?

Let's hear a few of your plans and see if we can't add to them here.

Stu

LD is correct in his reading of the barrel stampings. The 500 is 1/18†twist – a little on the slow side, but should suit my purposes.

The 500 barrel is going on a custom action not one of the Zastaza’s. That will be a 500 A-Square.

Definite plans for the Zastava’s include a .416 Rem and a 9.3x64. I am 90% sure I want a 300 Win mag and kind of thinking 7mm for another, either 7x57 or 7x64. That will leave me with one magnum bolt action surplus to my needs.

I am still deciding though on those last two and may yet come up with something for the “surplus†action too!

Fergus

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Is there any way we can buy those in the states?

I don’t think so due to the Zastava / Remington deal. As far as I know, Daley and others like Gun Parts are all out of left-hand actions.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
All those nice looking actions and the darn bolts are on the wrong side.

cheers

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
That's a great score. savor the projects.

now that's better:

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
now that's better:

Only for those who don't think with the "right" side of their brain jumping

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote