THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Exp. with detachable single -stack magazines in M98's.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exp. with detachable single -stack magazines in M98's.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello.
Does anybody have any experience with making detachable singlestack magazines for Mauser M98's, so it will feed fat cartridges better?
I'm thinking of 500 Jeff, Wilcats on 338 Lapua and 460 wby cases, and such. I'd love to see some pictures of solutions if you have any.
(I know; it will be a high stack, but thats up to the builder how many cartridges he needs in the magazine.)
I would apreciate some thoughts.

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Strange!! That no one in the whole world have tried this. Roll Eyes

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Arild,
give me a month.. i am not certain about detachable and bigbores... i find deteachables better for 22 than 416, but that's my opinion.

I will be working on a singlestack for a 98 here in ~3week to a month
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38608 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen single stack detacheable magazines have problems with belted cartridges, such as the .416 Rem. Don't know of any problems with normal cartridges.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote