New
Find
Notify
Tools

E.R. Shaw barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone out there have a number for this firm in Bridgeville Penna. ? If so does anyone have any experience with their work , pro or con? Quite a few shooters around my area have had their weapons rebarreled by shaw and ,in general , seem pleased .

Posts: 25 | Location: patton pennsylvania usa | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Small Arms Manufacturing Co
5312 Thoms Run Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone - 412 221-4343
Fax - 412 221-4303

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Rick -

They've done four for me in the past few years and I have no complaints. There was a 'bash E.R. Shaw' thread going in here last year, and I heard some complaints, but, I've had very good luck with them.

Turn-around was about 4 months, +/-.

R-WEST
(Windber, PA)

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't bash'm but I won't use them either, they are definately cut rough, no getting around that. Like everything else you get about what you pay for.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have used E.R.Shaw 12 ga. blanks for years and have found them have a finished bore as good as any barrel to be found. I use the "uncontoured" blanks wich are rough on the outside and need to be turned and finished (these are for target shooting or card shooting) but their contoured blanks can be used with very little finishing. I install these so I have never had one installed by the factory.

Ed Kay

Posts: 17 | Location: St. Louis, Mo. USA | Registered: 01 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 rifles barreled by them in the past. One shot well but doesnt any more, two were so so. One rifle had a long delay and I kept getting excuses that they were out of that bore, next week. Two weeks later it was the same story. That went on for 3 months after the delivery date. I called and told them to change it to a .35 Whelen but they said I would have to go to the back of the list because I changed my mind. I argued that I changed my mind because they could not deliver and the guy hung up on me. I called back to get a higher up and it turned out I was speaking to him. After some discussion he said he would get it out the next week. Evidently they had a very badly contoured blank that no one else wanted and guess what I got.

They are not real high on my list. In fact they dont even make the list.

I spent the money (before I got my own lathe) to have it recontoured. I would not spend any money on any of their products again.

Chic

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote