Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Tool and Gauge "No Refund/No Return"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I ordered a part from PTG on Thursday, called to double check that it was in stock, and placed the order. When I called the lady acted like I inconvenienced her by asking if it was in stock, she said that it would be better if I ordered over the internet.

I really wanted it, and they are the only company that makes a Ruger long action Mark II Accuracy International Magazine bottom metal so I bought it.

Then this morning I checked my email and the shipping information is finally in there from yesterday afternoon. They had shipped it FEDEX.

I noticed the conspicuous words typed across the order form under the item I ordered "NO REFUND/NO RETURN".

What kind of bullshit is that?

This will be the last item I ever buy from PTG directly, (I would say it is the last item I'd ever buy, but the are the only ones that make Remington 700 bolts).

For all I know someone took a crap in a box and sent it to me.

How can PTG be this screwed up?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems as though PTG is managing to earn itself a poor reputation on several accounts over the past couple of years. I've had a couple of bad experiences and have quit using them for reamers.
As far as the no refund / no return policy... did you use your credit card? If there's a problem and they won't take it back, just try the dispute process with the card. IMHO unless the no return policy is clearly stated during (not after) the purchase process, it should be held invalid. Also some times these things can be resolved by going a couple of levels up from the phone desk person. I've had to do that too.
I hope all goes well for you though, and none of the above becomes necessary.

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a shame what they are turning into.....

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that if there is something wrong with it they will probably correct the problem.

Most of the stuff I buy from tool companies is marked no returns. If they didn't, people would use the tool and then send it back with some lame excuse. Granted it's not a tool, but PTG is a tool company and their invoicing software probably spits that out on every invoice.

Believe it or not I have complete strangers come in and ask to borrow tools so they can fix their guns. Once a year it happens and of course it's against the law for me to beat them up, throw them in the street and pee on them.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I just put in an order yesterday afternoon, couldn't have been any friendlier and helpful. Invoice came in a pdf with an e-mail and all is there. Now waiting on the brown truck...course their (ups) tracking number is not yet up to date. I honestly have never had a problem, and there product has always been top notch...will use them again!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
I'm pretty sure that if there is something wrong with it they will probably correct the problem.

Most of the stuff I buy from tool companies is marked no returns. If they didn't, people would use the tool and then send it back with some lame excuse. Granted it's not a tool, but PTG is a tool company and their invoicing software probably spits that out on every invoice.

Believe it or not I have complete strangers come in and ask to borrow tools so they can fix their guns. Once a year it happens and of course it's against the law for me to beat them up, throw them in the street and pee on them.

Maybe in Alberta, if you lived in the Yukon you would probably be okSmiler

Funny post!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have returned bottom metal to PTG with no problems, although it was a couple of years ago.

Posts: 740 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Yukon is like Alaska. You are literally stepping into another country and stepping back in time 50 years. They seem to have their own way of doing things.

All fun aside if the tool companies didn't put those "YOU BOUGHT IT YOU OWN ITS" on their sales receipts people would abuse the return policies. And I'm sure they put them on because a lot of people DID abuse the privilege in the first place. If there is a problem, I'm sure they would make it right or bend over backward trying.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
seriously? language -- you are hoppin mad.. great.. but that language over you being annoyed about company policy? isn't that over the top?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
simple solution: switch to Brownells. Their return policy is pretty liberal, unless you break something.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
I don't like ordering from Brownells... I have had more problem with them than PTG. They also do not carry what I needed. I also ordered a Detachable Mag bottom metal and a couple of mags for it. My invoice also says "no refund no returns". It surprised me but didn't bother me too much. If I have a proble I will call them and see what happens.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You are over-reacting over the words without actually knowing what they mean. Since there are morons who buy reamers without knowing how to use them, they have to publish that policy to discourage returns of used and abused reamers. I buy stuff from them, and they will make it right if there is a problem.
Brownells too.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
You are over-reacting over the words without actually knowing what they mean. Since there are morons who buy reamers without knowing how to use them, they have to publish that policy to discourage returns of used and abused reamers. I buy stuff from them, and they will make it right if there is a problem.
Brownells too.

Awe come one, logic???

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oboy:
I don't like ordering from Brownells... I have had more problem with them than PTG. They also do not carry what I needed. I also ordered a Detachable Mag bottom metal and a couple of mags for it. My invoice also says "no refund no returns". It surprised me but didn't bother me too much. If I have a proble I will call them and see what happens.

My problem with Brownells has more to do with how bad their website sucks.

That and they are generally the most expensive place to order anything from.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't care for the URL? Simple solution: buy a catalog and order from it. I have used that system since the late 1970's with zero issues...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm done with ptg. Have been for some time

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'm cutting a chamber with a PTG reamer and gauge today. The customer ordered them from PTG a couple of weeks ago and even with crossing the border and passing through customs the delivery was really quick. Reamer cuts just peachy too.

To each their own I guess but I have had very little trouble with any of the reamer companies. The only thing that comes to mind right now is some problems I had with Triebel. They did quickly rectify the problem though.

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, I'm cutting a chamber with a PTG reamer and gauge today. The customer ordered them from PTG a couple of weeks ago and even with crossing the border and passing through customs the delivery was really quick. Reamer cuts just peachy too.

To each their own I guess but I have had very little trouble with any of the reamer companies. The only thing that comes to mind right now is some problems I had with Triebel. They did quickly rectify the problem though.

I have not used Triebel in a long time. They used to be the only source for things we couldn't get in America. Stuff like 45 Blaser brass.

Not sure why I bought into the idea of a R93 in 45 Blaser, but someone else owns it and the brass/dies now.

Would make a really neat Mauser 98 short action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the problem with Canada. Not only is it legal to pee on people here, in some states it is encouraged.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the part, it doesn't work in the gun. But is beautifully machined and finished.

So off to the friendly neighborhood buchsenmacher it goes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Got the part, it doesn't work in the gun.

Good luck.

I hope I never need anything from PTG again. My last 3 orders over the past two years were a total headache. I could rant for a long time, but in my opinion PTG SUX.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Win 70 bottom metal in mid Feb. Still nothing in my mail box. Several not answered emails and some phone calls later and I am again promised that it will be here.
I'll believe it when I see it.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Brownells too.

Awe come one, logic???

It's been a while but I always found Kiff and his staff very helpful. If not busy Dave was willing to discuss design of particular reamers I needed. I understood the No Return policy but Dave assuered me several times that if I recieved a reamer that wouldn't cut prperly to send it back and he would correct it.

It's a busy shop and they can be a bit brusque. I just ask for a time when Dave can talk.

Wally
Waggoner Rifles

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote