THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Mauser Action, Global Trading (Same as Dumoulin, I guess)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Action, Global Trading (Same as Dumoulin, I guess)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bought this action, I'd say 15 years back or better at the Tulsa gun show for $250 bucks or so. Pretty sure its the same a Dumoulin.

Dug it out the other day and thought about doing something with it.

I always thought the dovetail was 19mm like a CZ. Measured it and in round numbers, front is 16mm, back is 14mm. I've spoke with Talley, Warne and a few more. Not any luck for dovetail rings. Talley makes a screw in base that fits it, they gave me a part number. I may buy the adapter base and see what it looks like, but would rather have dovetail.

Anybody had any dealings with an action like this and or point me to where I can find some dovetail rings. Global trading Mauser action

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From back in a old Dumoulin thread...

quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
Sunny Hill and EAW are the only two outfits that make rings to fit the bases. The EAW ring is really high. I saw one on the Dumoulin website.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/5811005302/p/2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug, thanks much Billy

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mill the "bridges" Talley rings.

Posts: 41901 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did that to a SAKO...works well and no holes

Posts: 3512 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought about milling, but wanted to try and find a set of rings but not much chance in that.

I called the Guy that runs the machine shop in Alaska, I can't remember the name. I bought straight bolt handles from him this morning. He makes a lot of CZ rings said he had done milled one a few years back.

I think I will get a set of Talley rings and go that route.

It would look a heck of lot better milled than that Talley adapter on top.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have milled the back dovetail off, sweated and screwed a CR blank on in its' place, then lined-up off the front dovetail and cut the rear blank to match the front. Then tig welded the screw holes and dressed 'um off. You can us rings made for the CZ, then.

Posts: 699 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:
I have milled the back dovetail off, sweated and screwed a CR blank on in its' place, then lined-up off the front dovetail and cut the rear blank to match the front. Then tig welded the screw holes and dressed 'um off. You can us rings made for the CZ, then.

Silvers, thanks for the comment, interesting. Not sure I know what a CR blank is but I get the big picture.

I take it you cut a 16mm rear dovetail in the rear and them use a 16 mm CZ ring like for a CZ 527. So I guess the ring pretty much covers the solder line. Thanks Billy

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CR = cold rolled steel. I built a simple jig to hold the action, that bolts to the mill table. I have a couple of those from Global Trading. Both the actions from Global Trading and the Dumoulin from SARCO take quit a bit of overall "clean-up". And, I had 1 in the shop from SARCO that had more than serious problems with the safety. Past experience says you have to be suspect of most every thing that comes from there, anyway.

Posts: 699 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One would think I would have known CR based on growing up in my dads welding shop and all the years in working in Refineries and Chem. plants. Guess I've been away from it to long.

You are right about the safety, cocking piece is not ground correctly. Bought this thing new years ago and didn't realize safety didn't work till I took it out of the box the other day, easy fix. No more than I paid for it, bottom metal is worth what I paid for it.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM. I believe I've got the rings you need.

Posts: 583 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, all you Chemistry Majors:
Cr is Chromium.
CRS is Cold Rolled Steel
CRS is also Can't Remember Sh*t.

Posts: 17187 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Cr is Chromium.
CRS is Cold Rolled Steel

But, if you have CRS, you don't remember that CR doesn't stand for Cold Rolled Steel!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It wasn't that I forgot, I just didn't remember.

Like the new in the box Blackburn mauser bottom metal I found in a box last night looking for something else. It wasn't that I forgot I had it, I just didn't remember!!!

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Cr is Chromium.
CRS is Cold Rolled Steel
pick, pick,pick. I still work in a machining job shop, here, CR is cold rolled steel,,, verses HR, which is hot rolled... Since 1974, when I first started machining, CR has stood for cold rolled. Probably always has on the shop floor, probably always will!

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Industry standard nomenclatures.

Posts: 17187 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make flat rolled steel for a living. 2 million tons of it a year.

CR is Cold Rolled Steel. Cr is chromium. Capitalizing the R makes the difference.

CRS is the before I was born way of stating cold rolled. Still occasionally used on purchase orders.

This is for flat roll. Bar is cold finished.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have two rifles built on them, and re-machined the bases to fit Warne rings.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3822 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote