New
Find
Notify
Tools

extractor to ejector
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can an extractor gun be converted to ejector? secondly, how would a person know if its not ejector already,but just not functioning?I ask #2 because it was sold as a not working ejector gun. Thankyou

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
The most obvious way to tell is is the extractor 2 pieces or one. If 2 pieces probably an ejector gun but if one piece (ie not split between the barrels) it's probably an extractor gun.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kinda what I thought

posted Hide Post
I have a Citori XT and wonder how difficult it would be to disable the ejector. When I trap shoot I would rather pluck the shell out rather than have it fly out. Is it a complicated or expensive conversion?

Posts: 7 | Location: Central NY USA | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ebby:
I have a Citori XT and wonder how difficult it would be to disable the ejector. When I trap shoot I would rather pluck the shell out rather than have it fly out. Is it a complicated or expensive conversion?

It's pretty simple to disable the ejectors on the Citori. Remove the trigger guard screw, the recoil pad, the stock bolt and then the stock.

You will see the ejector actuating rod protruding from the frame. It has a slotted head that is attached to the frame near the hammer. The slotted end rides over a flat sided screw.

One end of the slot is rounded in order to remove it's retaining screw. To disable the ejector, move the rod so that the rounded portion of the slot is in line with the screw. Remove the screw and then carefully remove the rod from the rear. It may require a little finagling in order to get it past the hammer pin, but it will go with a little persistence. Repeat for the other side.

Just so you understand how it works. When the hammer moves forward, a pin on the hammer connects with and pushes the ejector rod forward through the frame. This causes the tip of the ejector to protrude from the front of the receiver which will trip the ejectors sear, located in the forearm bracket, which then ejects the spent case when the action is opened.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charger:
Can an extractor gun be converted to ejector? secondly, how would a person know if its not ejector already,but just not functioning?I ask #2 because it was sold as a not working ejector gun. Thankyou

The extractor pulls the empty from the chamber and the ejector throws it clear of the gun. If there is no ejector, or it is not working, the extractor will "extract" the empty from the chamber and require you to physically discard the case. If the ejector is working, the extractor will then "extract" the empty, and then the ejector will automatically "eject" the empty from the gun and to the ground.

Extraction and ejection are two separate functions performed by two separate parts. What gun do you have?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's uasualy very cost prohibitive. Some can some can't.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote