New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dimensions needed?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I,m sure one of you talented people would have the Barrel thread dimensions for a Sako L461 action? thank you

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
If you have the action it's a breeze to figure it out. If you will provide me the minor diameter of the action, the thread pitch, the distance from the face of the receiver to the nose of the bolt with the bolt held as far forward as possible, I will give you the thread and tennon dimensions.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westpac, if i had the action,i could do all that myself.Thanks for the help anyway.

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I thought I had that, but when I checked it turns out that what I have is for a Sako L-46, not a 461. Sorry.........pg
quote:
Originally posted by van:
I,m sure one of you talented people would have the Barrel thread dimensions for a Sako L461 action? thank you

Posts: 16 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well per "Bolt Action Rifles" they show the L46 and L461 as the same overall length and Ring Dia with only main difference being bolt travel.

If that is the case the the thread dia is .855" .845" long and 16TPI.

Take this with a huge grain of salt.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote