New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limbsaver Recoil Pad
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've seen ads for these all over, and I'm wondering if they work as well as advertised. I'd like to put one on my CZ 550 in 9.3x62, but I'd like an opinion from my resident panel of experts first. [Smile] [Smile] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Any experience or advice will be appreciated.

[ 11-21-2003, 08:36: Message edited by: Trailblazer ]

Posts: 43 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 03 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I put one on my T/C Omega and it works great. The M/L is very light and the recoil pad is hard. With a magnum charge it was kinda painful to shoot before, but now with the Limbsaver pad it's very comfortable, no pain at all.

One great thing about adding the pad to that rifle is the LOP was a little short for my taste. The Limbsaver pad is about 1/4" thicker and after it was installed the rifle fit me much better. Of coarse if your rifle fits now this could be a problem.

The fit and finish was good, no alterations were needed.

In my opinion it's a very good pad.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trailblazer:
I've seen ads for these all over, and I'm wondering if they work as well as advertised. I'd like to put one on my CZ 550 in 9.3x62, but I'd like an opinion from my resident panel of experts first. [Smile] [Smile] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Any experience or advice will be appreciated.

I chose one for my Son's(8 year old)custom Contender rifle(22 target, 6.5/30-30, and 44 mag) christmas project. I don't know about durability, but they sure are "soft".

Posts: 73 | Location: Huron, Tn | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Installed a Limbsaver on my 45/70 guide gun.
With the original pad, a 400grn bullet at 2100fps would bruise my shoulder after 7 or 8 shots.

The Limbsaver turned my Marlin from a painful eye-popping experience into a weapon of mass enjoyment.

Cheers.

Posts: 90 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the price is better than most...

feels tougher than a kickeez in regards to tearing...

might try one on a 416 taylor

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Correction to my previous post.
Should have read: 300grn at 2100fps.

Cheers.

Posts: 90 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I put one of the slip-on pads on my 8mm light weight sporter and shot it today. Still a lot of muzzle jump but no more pains in the shoulder.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my .375. I took all the sting out of sighting in at a bench. The Limb Saver Pad is the only way to go. Look at the prefit pad dimensions on the Limb Saver website and chances are one of them will match your rifle's dimensions very closely.
Huntingcat

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put a prefit on my Ruger 77 416. Fit was pretty good. Added a liitle to the LOP. Has more mass than most pads and seems to absorb the recoil well. I think their website has templates whic u can download to see if u can use any of the prefits. I saw one post that said they cannot be sanded down like normal pads. Also, the ones I've seem have a 'ribbed' design (not smooth like a decelerator) so I'm not sure how you could cut them neatly.

Posts: 57 | Location: Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best thing about a recoil pad is it gives the gun a one inch running start to the shoulder.

The second best thing about a pad is it is handy for standing a gun in the corner and it won't slip and fall.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread just cost me $22 + shippingFrowner

This is a recoil pad that claims to have a material more lossy than Sorbothane.
http://www.limbsaver.com/limbsaver/news/archive/navcomstory.aspx

I have looked at allot of graphs like that for EMI [electromagnetic interference] suppression, but the idea is the same for vibration. Get the vibration to stop transmitting energy.

What would that mean in a recoil pad?
The pad could push against the shoulder and then push away. There are no multiple cycles of the shoulder and pad vibrating.
What the pad can do is average the force over time by compressing, and then loose the energy and not push back hard.
Plain rubber averaged the force over time, but then gives back the energy when the rubber springs back.
As I understand it, the NAVCOM material would compress and then return to the extended position more slowly.
The material would have to heat up with lots of shots.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=18220&title=LIMBSAVER?%20GRIND-TO-FIT%20PADS
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13194&title=LIMBSAVER?%20RECOIL%20PAD

--
A society that teaches evolution as fact will breed a generation of atheists that will destroy the society. It is Darwinian.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Limbsavers come in pre-fit for a limited number of guns and grind to fit in 3 sizes for the rest. I got a pre-fit for a 700 BDL that was a pretty close fit after I sawed the buttstock flat. I have a grind to fit for a Ruger Red Label that I haven't installed yet. Cheaper Than Dirt had the best prices that I could find after you include shipping.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote