One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raybass:
What caliber is yours Craigster?

It's 45-70.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice Job on the Siamese. Who is the master gunsmith?

quote:
Originally posted by Pfeifer:
My friend took some pictures of his .45-90 Siamese project which I posted to my webshots "Siamese" album.
45-90
Also here is a picture I found of one of the PME A-301 Siamese safeties next to the original shroud with the vertical broach.
Jeff P

One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
What do you think about the 338 Marlin Express in a Siamese Mauser, or better yet neck it up to 35 cal?

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Navy Arms imported these for a couple years back in the eighties. Nice Walnut stock, 26" barrel, in 45-70. We rechambered mine to 45-90. Since the original caliber is an 8mm based loosely on the 45-70, they fed well. You can get close to 458 WM velocites, but 1800fps with the 500gr cast GC bullets kicks just like the WM.

nice rifles in the pictures...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raybass:
What caliber is yours Craigster?

Ray, still haven't fired that 375 I bought from you a couple years ago. That was a very fruitful trip. patriot

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote