THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Any smiths not totally swamped that could help me?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any smiths not totally swamped that could help me?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been given a steyr Mca chambered in 30.06. It is missing its rear sight, which in an ideal world I would like to have. The bigger issue is either my Redfield mounts are either bent or distorted somehow, or the mounting holes for the bases are not right, as there is a huge amount of visible cant when screwed on.

It also needs a new recoil pad.

I would just like to be able to use the rifle, as it points and shoulders very well. I had inquired with DPCD, but he sounded swamped and I’m not trying to overload anyone.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sign of the times...fewer and fewer gunsmiths willing to put up with all he BS of having a legitimate, licensed shop.

Over regulation is a perfect way to strangle the 2nd amendment

Posts: 3461 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The shop I work at can handle it. We are running around two weeks right now for that kind of work. Call Monday and talk to the guys up front and they will help you.

Southland Gun Works
1228 Harry Byrd Hwy
Darlington, SC 29532
(843) 303-6291

Bob
www.rustblue.com

quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
I have been given a steyr Mca chambered in 30.06. It is missing its rear sight, which in an ideal world I would like to have. The bigger issue is either my Redfield mounts are either bent or distorted somehow, or the mounting holes for the bases are not right, as there is a huge amount of visible cant when screwed on.

It also needs a new recoil pad.

I would just like to be able to use the rifle, as it points and shoulders very well. I had inquired with DPCD, but he sounded swamped and I’m not trying to overload anyone.

Posts: 3684 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rear sight is a small single fixed blade with a small single folding blade, sorry I do not have one nor do I know of a current source.
A single fixed blade could be machined up to fit into the factory rear sight base.

The MCA model was factory drilled and tapped, so you may have the American # 6x48 screws in the bases/receiver, and not the Metric screws required, thus allowing the bases to be canted.

J Wisner

Posts: 1441 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info mr. wisner.

I figured that an necg sight could be fitted into the dovetail.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote