New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connecticut Gun Laws
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A few years back my buddy (a New York State resident)bought a rifle over the counter at a shop in Connecticut. That part was easy, but then the dealer told him that Connecticut law required that he ship the rifle to a licensed dealer in New York. It had to go about a hundred miles in which UPS busted the stock. Try finding a replacement for an FWB free rifle sometime.

With Cabela's opening soon in CT, I may want to buy a gun from them. Is that law still in effect?

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
California's the same. I'm prohibited from buying a gun in another state.

But... I work for an FFL.

Incidentally, did your friend ever find a stock for the FWB?

We might have one.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the only state I can think of that still does not require an out-of-stater to ship to an FFL in his home state is Florida.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I spoke to Cabela's in Pennsylvania, I was told that as long as I was from a contiguous state and passed the NICS hooey I could take a long gun with me. I know guys who have bought long guns from other Pensylvania dealers, too.

The reason behind all this is that I received a really nice gift certificate from Cabela's as a bonus from work. I could go to the Pennsylvania Cabela's, but that's a six hour drive. When they open in East Hartford it will only be about two hours. I could have them ship to a local dealer, but I like to see what I'm buying.

Flaco, thanks anyway, but he did get a stock. Took a while, though.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
what a crock..
buy a long gun, take it home, is what the FEDERAL laws say...

your STATE adds the rest

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
your STATE adds the rest

Not my state (NY, which is bad enough), it was Connecticut.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
the only state I can think of that still does not require an out-of-stater to ship to an FFL in his home state is Florida.

i can buy long guns in NC and GA.
any bordering state.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think CT has a two week waiting period to pick up a long gun - pay and come back. Both residents or furriners.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A CT hunting license or pistol permit will make a long gun purchase: cash, instant check, and carry.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll go to Pennsylvania.