THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can the Ruger 77 Mark II Trigger be Adjusted?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys,
I don't frequent this particular forum often so please forgive me if mine is a common question. A friend of mine has a Ruger 77 Mark II in 257 Roberts whose accuracy has not pleased him. He's especially disappointed w/ it's hard (8 #), long trigger pull. thumbdown I'm not a gunsmith, but have playing around w/ guns for many years; although I've never had a Ruger 77 Mark II, I told him I'd play around w/ the Roberts to see if I could help it any. Are there any adjustments that can be made to the Ruger Mark II trigger or will he just have to get an aftermarket, adjustable trigger? Confused Not trying to get a 1-2# trigger, Eekerbut even 4-5# would be a great improvement. Are there any other accurizingg tricks that work particularly well w/ the Ruger 77 Mark II? Roll Eyes Thanks, Gary T.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Done this on both of mine.
The 6,5x55 huntingrifle is breaking at a crisp 1,5kg~3lbs and my 22-250 varmint rifle had a little more work and breaks at 600~21oz grams.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
there's a wolff spring for 3-4#, and trigger kits for adjustable ones
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The factory trigger is not adjustable except in the varmint. You can improve it by smoothing the engagement(two much and you have a problem) and installing a new spring.

Jeffe mentioned the complete trigger kits. I would go that way before I messed with the factory trigger.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You can find some very effective instructions here:Ruger 77 Trigger

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeffe mentioned the complete trigger kits. I would go that way before I messed with the factory trigger.

I agree; tried to adjust and improve the factory trigger with fairly good results, then, few days ago, I put a Timney kit and it is quite another story now!

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote