New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger M77 as platform for custom job?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am not a gunsmith and know very little about the art. Hence, my queston. I have a tang safety M77 in 06 that I simply don't shoot anymore. Without getting into the issue of PF vs CRF, what is the consensus about this action as a platform for a custom job? Considering a 9.3x62. Thanks.
Tom

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for an investment type of custom that can be turned around for big bucks down the road, the Ruger M77 is not your action, BUT, if you want a good custom assembled hunting rifle, then they are more than adequate. And, with the right stock, barrel profile and finish, they can look fairly classy!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sure, and it can turn out nice, if you like.. and a good platform "just" a rebarrel ..

so, if you want a 9,3 up and shooting, then you are in a great starting place, assuming you like the ruger

go to my website and look at the ar links for some rugers that have been redone
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I am looking for a hunter/shooter, not an investment, to add to my medium bore lineup. Jeffe, I will visit your website.
Thanks again.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote