Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to Weaver Adapter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alexi
posted
Any of you know where to find some type of adapter or mount that will let me put a weaver mount scope (or weaver rings) onto a CZ-550 dovetail with the milled out section in the back?

========================================
While it may be a noble dream, all men are simply not created equal. Violence is a certainty throughout all of nature, and all cultures of man, and no amount of laws or good intentions can remove hatred, jealousy, greed, or spite from the hearts of man. Is it somehow more conscionable to allow the weak to be victimized by clubs or knives because guns are no longer permitted? Removing law-abiding citizens' access to the tools essential for them to protect themselves and their families is not the answer.

Я буду протектором -- Alexi Cacon

Posts: 29 | Location: 20 fathoms deep | Registered: 05 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I am certain that those exist, however, it would be cost probative, in that it woudl cost at least as much as the rings, PLUS the weaver rings.

it is a standard euro dovetail.

What are you trying to do? If it is something cool like putting on a red dot, you can get the 30mm reddot and 30mm dovetail rings and away you go

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric Brooks makes such an adaptor. I have them for my CZ 452.
They are not expensive.
Don

One of Us
Picture of Alexi
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to shim a scope.

I've run out of elevation adjustment on my Leupold VX3 1.75-6x32 scope (it only had 50 MOA total) - and I'm still shooting 10 MOA low with it at 100 yards.

Burris makes a signature series ring with offset inserts that would work to shift the scope so I could get it zero'd.

However, Burris does not make a signature series ring for the CZ-550 mag. / ZKK / BRNO 602 action.

Burris does make one for a weaver base though.

===============

I haven't found or figured out any other viable way to shim the current mount. I'm using Talley QD rings now, and Gary at Talley told me they couldn't be shimmed and recommended I buy another scope with a greater total MOA of adjustment.

While it may be a noble dream, all men are simply not created equal. Violence is a certainty throughout all of nature, and all cultures of man, and no amount of laws or good intentions can remove hatred, jealousy, greed, or spite from the hearts of man. Is it somehow more conscionable to allow the weak to be victimized by clubs or knives because guns are no longer permitted? Removing law-abiding citizens' access to the tools essential for them to protect themselves and their families is not the answer.

Posts: 29 | Location: 20 fathoms deep | Registered: 05 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alexi
posted Hide Post
I found a website for Eric Brooks:

http://cz452.com/

That looks to be exactly "what" I am looking for - but his are 11mm, which is too small to fit on the CZ-550 mag / BRNO 602 action.

I need a 19mm dovetail. I sent him an email asking if he had one in that size.

That's exactly the item - if not the size, that I need though.