THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Winchester Featherweight- Ejector Plunger getting stuck?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Featherweight- Ejector Plunger getting stuck?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am working on handloads for a friends Featherweight, the pluger keeps getting stuck down,

- it had lots of brass filing built up, I have cleaned it as good as I can

- any thoughts on how to solve this? Can I remove the plunger for cleaning?

thanks,

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
To remove the ejector all you need to do is push the retaining pin out, it removes from right to left if you are looking from the back of the bolt forward. Best way I've found is to clamp the bolt in a vise, and with some pressure on the ejector plunger just push the pin out. Sometimes you might want to give it a tiny rap with a small hammer but a firm push with a small punch usually works. Make sure you have some pressure on the ejector so it won't go flying off to parts unknown.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
In order to capture the ejector pin, place some tape over the front of the bolt and then when you punch out the roll pin, will not fly off into the dark corners of the garage, shop, etc.

Be aware that when hot loads are used on plunger type ejectors, they will stick into the recess. Kind of like beating them in there with a hammer when warm loads are used. Might need a bit of polishing, cleaning of the cavity, etc. for it to operate as needed. Good luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the great info guys, it is much appreciated,

I am using warm loads, but not overly hot. I think that it needs polishing/cleaning as you have stated,

thanks again

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote