Notify
Tools

Rifle boxes for mailing...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was looking for these on the web, and came across:

http://www.evidentcrimescene.com/cata/evid2/evid2.html

Boxes used for storing evidence! But a good design with a "pegboard" type bottom so you can anchor with nylon ties.

Any other sources you folks know of for boxes that are suitable for mailing?

Roger

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite way to get rifle boxes is to buy more rifles!

Posts: 497 | Location: Lewistown, PA USA | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great find! Also, the long evidence tubes would make great containers for the Dewey cleaning rods.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had UPS refuse to take a rifle in its original box, they claimed it didn't have enough padding (they also wanted to inspect it before I sealed up the box so I had to unseal everything at their place, then re-pack). So how did the rifle come back? In a factory box. I think they were just being a pain in the a@!.
C.G.B.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably the cheapest and easiest way to go is go to the sporting goods store and buy one of the cheap plastic gun cases with padding inside. Sometimes I see them on sale for about $6.99 or so. Put the rifle in it and duct tape the heck out of it, then label it and send it. I've received several rifles this way that I've bought on the net and they always arrive in perfect condition- not so for the case sometimes!- Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just ship it in the original box through the USPS Priority mail. Insure it and you will never have any proublems.

Posts: 358 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shipped the ACGG rifle around a bunch this year and it went in a padded case in a cardboard box.

I concur with using the USPS but I would do it registered mail. You cant get quite the speed as you can with priority but the insurance is 1/4 the cost. Check out the differences. My normal shipping went from $78 with priority insured for $20k to $34 for registered insured for the same amount. It is a bit slower but not much. If the value comes down it may not be worth the difference or may swing the other way.

I have heard more gunmakers and gun owners griping about UPS shipping and damage and refusal to pay for damage in the last few years. I would use them as a last resort.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
UPS has damaged 2 rifles for me and refused to compensate for either. The damage did not affect the functing of the rifles, but I want to be the one to put scratches in the rifle not have it done for me. My 378 was sent out to be hard chromed and has two large gouges out of the finish on the barrel and several miner ones. Unless absolutely necessary I will not use UPS for anything ever again.

Posts: 358 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote