New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker hale .458 mag
 Login/Join

posted
Good day all,
am looking for a stock for a parker Hale 458 mag.
This gun was grabbed from an elephant poacher and has been given to me by the authorities
But the stock is completely broken into 2 pieces.

Formerly Zambian

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Welcome and good snag. I suspect a stock for a Whitworth/Interarms may fit the bill. Is it a flag safety? I forget.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
just about any normal mauser stock will fit, with some fiddling,

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatelA:
Good day all,
am looking for a stock for a parker Hale 458 mag.
This gun was grabbed from an elephant poacher and has been given to me by the authorities
But the stock is completely broken into 2 pieces.

Will drop right into a Hogue overmolded, regardless of safety, great stocks suck up the recoil well. tu2

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The Bell and Carlson Mauser stock is actually a pretty decent stock for the money. It’s different than the Winchester and has checkering and a slightly different feel. Still has the same shortcomings as any off-the shelf stock as far as final fit, but it’s not bad for a replacement stock.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Get a Boyds laminated; pick a unique color so you can spot it in the weeds when a client drops it and runs. They are stronger than walnut and look better than plastic. And heavier, which is good for a 458.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Get a Boyds laminated; pick a unique color so you can spot it in the weeds when a client drops it and runs. They are stronger than walnut and look better than plastic. And heavier, which is good for a 458.

But not rubber coated plastic! dancing tu2 rotflmo

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

Not usually a Boyds fan, but in this case, a classic stock in the nutmeg laminate would be durable and add a bit of weight. A good choice. But the easy to find color makes good sense too! Big Grin

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
just about any normal mauser stock will fit, with some fiddling,

That is what they make glass bedding for.

Fixes a lot of fitting problems.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a new stock for the PH 81 African (I guess) but its cut for the extra large trigger guard.
Bob