New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 600 & rivetless extractor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is for a friend. Can a rivetless extractor be used on a 600 bolt with hole for rivet-type extractor? I think "yea", but what think you?

Posts: 179 | Location: No. Idaho | Registered: 23 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess no one knows. Used to be some knowledgeable gunsmiths here. The guy needs to know. Will try elsewhere, thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
They're still around. If they are like me they are too busy repairing guns to be monitoring every post that hits the screen. The short answer to your question is "no".

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gimpy,

Westpac is correct. The undercuts in the bolt faces are different between the riveted extractor and the rivetless extractor. The rivetless undercut looks more like Mickey Mouse ears while the riveted extractor bolt face has a more uniform/constant undercut and they are indexed a little different.
Headache

Posts: 158 | Location: Danbury, CT 06810 USA | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Headache that's what he wanted to know.

Westpac, glad to hear you're so busy, I'll be sure to call someone else when I need some work done. The short answer was sufficient, the rest of your post you can gently insert where the sun don't shine.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy:
The short answer was sufficient, the rest of your post you can gently insert where the sun don't shine.

I'll be glad to but you will have to move your head first.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TEE HEE, ya really got me there, Westpac, that was a good'n and so original, too...now don't you have some gunsmithing to do? Don't spend a lot of time here anymore, and now I remember why.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TEE HEE, ya really got me there, Westpac, that was a good'n and so original, too...now don't you have some gunsmithing to do? Don't spend a lot of time here anymore, and now I remember why.

Are you by any chance an attorney?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gimpy,
The reason he is busy is that he is good. He is a nice person, but doesn't suffer wise asses.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Maybe they call him gimpy cause the last Gunsmith he pissed off shot him in the foot. Big Grin

Look Gimpy, You can't expect this forum to be at your beck and call. It don't work that way. It's not Tech support.
And the fastest way to not get any help is to tell someone to shove it??? Where the hell did that come from????

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
Maybe they call him gimpy cause the last Gunsmith he pissed off shot him in the foot. Big Grin

Look Gimpy, You can't expect this forum to be at your beck and call. It don't work that way. It's not Tech support.
And the fastest way to not get any help is to tell someone to shove it??? Where the hell did that come from????

Just the usual ill mannered person who thinks that the world revolves around him. Ignore it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
quote:
The short answer was sufficient, the rest of your post you can gently insert where the sun don't shine.

I'll be glad to but you will have to move your head first.

rotflmo

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote