New
Find
Notify
Tools

next project 35 whelen
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
rem 700 ADL, i would like to have the barrel co. true action and install barrel,anyone have any suggestions? how much of a pain will this be to feed from an 30-06 action?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What suggestions are you looking for in particular? If you want the action trued then by all means have it trued. If done correctly then it is a benefit. Use a good quality barrel and put the whole works in a decent stock with BDL hardware. Whether the gun is new or used, have the trigger detail cleaned and serviced. The Whelen round should feed just fine.

If it were mine I would use factory trigger, Shilen hand lapped barrel, HS Precision pro series 2000 stock with their bottom metal and detachable magazine. Matte finish, Leupold scope and Badger style one piece base.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
malm i was just looking at h-s and shilen a few minutes ago have you had shilen do any rebarreling for you? i had a leading barrel maker do this work on a 6mm rem and a 7mm rem mag and they were only 2" moa, i took them to Brett Evans and had him go back through them blueprint etc.. now they're sub moa the 7mm rem mag is a 1/2 gun with factory ammo, could have saved a few hundy by having him do it the first time.

'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poulsbo:
have you had shilen do any rebarreling for you?

No, I can't say I ever have. Big Grin I do all my own stuff. I do use their barrels however, and they are fantastic. thumb

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Pac-nor is another option for the barrel/smith work. Feeding shouldn't be a problem. Pushfeed actions tends to be less fussy about swapping calibers than CRF actions, with respect to feeding issues.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Easy as fishing... have it swapped right out, blued.. you are done.

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poulsbo,
If you are going to be putting the action in the mail and having it done, you would be hard pressed to find someone better than Malm. I have heard nothing but praise regarding his work. He is a full time gunsmith.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote