New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Long Guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A rifle was recently shipped to me via FedEx. It arrived with the stock broken completely in two. The damage was obvviously done intentionally by someone at FedEx. It was insured for it's full value. The shipper immeadiately filled a claim. After four weeks he was informed that the claim was denied, it seems that the fine print states that their insurance policy does not cover firearms.

Posts: 185 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if it EXCLUDES damage...Don't have the "fine print "in front of me , but worthwhile taking a critical peek.

I was told by Fed Ex that the MAX value (so called insurance) for firearms is $5000.00

I swear these pukes make up the rules as conditions permit, so you have to be ahead of the game by sending guns in a Kalispell or equal case

Best bet is to advise clients to get their own insurance. NRA has a plan worth lookng into

Posts: 3503 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the "FedEx Standard Conditions of Carriage." They state that insurance claims will not be paid for prohibited items. Legal firearms are not listed as a prohibited item for domestic shipments. I forwarded this to the shipper, but I am sure he has already been there.

Posts: 185 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wow!
I do know that you have to prove that the item was worth and actually cost the insured amount. I have won two claims; one UPS and one USPS. But they don't just pay any amount you say an item is worth. Never used Fed Ex.

Posts: 17173 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
I swear these pukes make up the rules as conditions permit, so you have to be ahead of the game by sending guns in a Kalispell or equal case

Best bet is to advise clients to get their own insurance. NRA has a plan worth lookng into

This is the best advice, Do what you can control before shipping.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1794 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote