THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever do buisness with these guy's?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
Denli They have some beautiful Turkish Circassian walnut blanks. Some of the best I've ever seen and the prices are very tempting. Only problem they are in Turkey (i guess it all makes sense eh bewildered) They sell to USA with $79.00 shipping. The thing that scares me is they don't take credit cards. They suggest a wire transfer and give instructions. Now I'm just a home town boy and the internet is about as international as I get. This just sounds too risky to me.

Anyone????

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I concur that it is risky! We have an Air Force base at Insurlik. I wonder if they have a Rod & Gun Club there which you could contact that might be able to provide some info about these guys?? Just a thought......

Denli A.S.
Haci Sabanci Org. San. Bolgersi
Yakaprinar/Adana
Turkey
Tel: 011-90-322-394-3788 011-90-532
Fax: 011-90-322-394-3790
denli@denli.ch
President: Haydar Denli
Circassian walnut gun stock blanks

From Field & Stream Black's Directory

Also listed at http://www.shooting-hunting.com/results.html?Keywords=D...;State=&Country=

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you email them? Maybe even give them a call, I'm sure there will be someone there who speaks English.
You could also contact the base MWR at Incirlik. I havent't been in Turkey for about six years now, but I know there was a trap and skeet range on base and some servicemen there shoot and are interested in guns. I brought home several nice shotguns. Adana is just a short cab ride from Incirlik. Maybe try looking in the af.mil domain for base info.

Jim

Posts: 156 | Location: Brush Prairie, Washington | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the internet frauds use wire tarnsfers. You cannot get your money back. This dael may be legit, but beware.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Terry,
tell them to get a paypal account, or find other wood... just my 2cents

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
Mark DeHaan sells Denli's wood here in the US. He is in Idaho and markets a Huglu shotgun built for him to his specs. I have never bought wood from them but they have are not a fly by night outfit by any means. They have been around for some time. DeHaan my act as a go between for you for a fee, of course that just jumps the price up.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I've been working with them to procure several blanks. Haydar Denli speaks English and is easy enough to deal with. The company is a big force in the european walnut business. As Chic says, they are not a fly-by-night outfit.

The scary part is that if you want their wood, you wire money to a Swiss bank account. There's not a lot of easy recourse should things go wrong. I haven't wired money yet, but I haven't had any bad vibes thus far.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to DeHaan's site wood.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
DenliThey sell to USA with $79.00 shipping. The thing that scares me is they don't take credit cards. They suggest a wire transfer and give instructions.
Anyone????
Terry

Wire transfers dont come cheap,for what is involved.I just wired $1,840.00 for some taxidermy.$ 40.00 is what I was charged for the transfer.It took them 45 minutes just to figure out how to do it.This was the second time that I wire transfered from this bank.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that's $79 shipping "per blank", or if that is just the minimum charge. If several blanks could be shipped for $79, it might make sense to get a group order and share the shipping and wire transfer costs.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought many blanks from Chiron Inc. last 4 years.
http://hunterbid.com
I visited them in NH for my last 20 blanks. The owners are Turkish. They have a huge inventory of rifle blanks. I have never seen that many blanks in one spot before in my life.They have warehousing in Istanbul also and for payment they take credit card, checks , paypal or mo.
Now they even have free shipping over $600 purchase.