THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    The following websight is a reminder to all of us...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The following websight is a reminder to all of us...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you have a weak stomach don't look. But this should be a reminder to all of us that work with power equipment to never stop being careful.
Longshot

http://www.b0g.org/wsnm/articles/This+Is+Twisted

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Holy CRAP!!!
this link contains GRAPHIC pictures of a lathe accident, resulting in a death..

you can NOT unsee something, so click at your own risk

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poor technique for sure. What is it that we're always told about wearing loose clothing when operating rotating machinery??

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Too bad for the family the death of their loved one is plastered all over the net.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoa!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, extraordinarily tragic.

How many of us are guilty of breaking the rules when it comes to safety? It only takes once...

Posts: 43 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
My dad had a fella that damn near ended up like that.....

It was in the summer and this guy would just wear his boxers under his coveralls.....somehow his arm got wrapped up in there and it stripped the coveralls off of him and chewed him pretty bad. He came across the shop, bloody and in his underwear, collapsing on the floor in front of half the crew.
Apparently he was off in a corner by himself in a very large shop, so no one had seen it happen, but he was lucky to be alive.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
If you look closely at pictures #3 and #4 it almost appears that there is a file wedged in one of the chucks. I wonder if that had a play in the demise of this poor individual. Prayers definetly go out to the family of his loved ones on this.

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Eeew...that's straight outta Faces of Death. I feel sorry for the poor guy, but that's a very grim reminder not to wear loose clothing around power tools.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
That really needs a better warning as to what you are about to see.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
That ain't nuthin. If you want to see some really messed up stuff, including videos, go to www.ogrishforum.com.
That stuff there will make you loose your lunch!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I looked at the link and it was gruesome to be sure. I also checked out other stuff on that BOG site and won't do that again. NEVER.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Well now that will get your attention, cant say i'm glad i seen it, but a wake up call on saftey doesnt hurt. If that dont do it for you, nothing will! BE SAFE GUYS...Prayers to the family.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted a link to those pictures a couple weeks ago on rec.crafts.metalworking to homeshopmachinist to bOgorg.

I don't want anyone to think I hang out at bOgorgFrowner

Anyway, someone at rec.crafts.metalworking knows of the incident that happened down under:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.crafts.metalworking/...ead/b1412189fec34975
quote:

Hi All

I have an 18" chuck on an old VDF lathe with 10 KW pushing it along.
Every time I turn it on I see those photos.

It now scares the crap out of me.

And so it should.

This was no setup it was a real accident.
Here It Is
http://www.nclabor.com/news/ledger/04NovDec.pdf

Yours Faithfully

John McNamara Australia.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote