New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hamilcar vs. Hannibal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the difference between these two A-Square rifle models?

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
isn't one the lefty version of the other?

or ugly and fugly, IMHO

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38567 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Why don't you look up A-Square's site on the internet and determine that for yourself? bewildered

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why don't you look up A-Square's site on the internet and determine that for yourself?

That is a pet peeve of mine also. However, I just Googled the heck out of A-Square everything and came up with a blank. So, maybe he did too. Any idea what their site is? And, would your share it?

Nevermind, 30 more minutes and I found it by searching under "Art Alphin" and reading an article about his coming back to the company. It is: http://www.a-squarecompany.com/ Good thing I knew his name. However, the rifle descriptions do not address the type of action, just a caliber list for each one and both are offered in RH and LH.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They use Enfield actions. Actually found some for sale on gunsamerica searching for a 416 Rigby. I believe the price was $1700. Ask around in the big bore forum and most folks think the coil chek stock is better suited for a club, since you cannot use it as a baseball bat.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One is uglier than the other. But I cannot tell you which.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I bet the 2x4 stock could be re-shaped into something nice. But they get enough money the stock should be nice fom the start.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sorry,
both are enfield righties..the ceasar is the lefty...

hannibal is the larger rounds.. hamilcar is the smaller mags (.532 bases stuff)

jeffe

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Interesting point. You can make fun of an asshole's technical stock design (even when it works) and not a peep but take a shot at some inappropriate checkering and the "artists" jump to the defense.

Is this the difference between art and science?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Harry,
well, no one can even begin to think the coilchunk stock is anything but a club... no person, other than perhaps a cubist or surrealist, would even begin to defend it.

the checkering from "knees to shoulders" on the WR rifle reminded me more of a "body suit" tattoo..

and to me, both are ugly

jeffe

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
In defense of the coil-chunk stock, I still don't want one, but it does work. I have shot several A-Square rifles, including a .416 Weatherby with factory ammo, and the stock did work. At least for me, the recoil was not much more than my M70 synthetic in .375 H&H.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3819 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thaine:
quote:
Why don't you look up A-Square's site on the internet and determine that for yourself?

That is a pet peeve of mine also. However, I just Googled the heck out of A-Square everything and came up with a blank. So, maybe he did too. Any idea what their site is? And, would your share it?

Nevermind, 30 more minutes and I found it by searching under "Art Alphin" and reading an article about his coming back to the company. It is: http://www.a-squarecompany.com/ Good thing I knew his name. However, the rifle descriptions do not address the type of action, just a caliber list for each one and both are offered in RH and LH.

Exactly!!

I did just that! Razzer
But as you said; the web-site doesn’t say anything about the difference of those two models.
Just the calibre choices.

The reason I ask is because I want to know if a Hamilcar can be reworked to fit a 500 A-Square-round. Wink

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote