Find
Notify
Tools

Bill's NEW BOOK due in Q1, 2015.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Title is W. (Bill) Hambly-Clark Jr. "Centrefire Rifle Accuracy".
I believe Duane Wiebe recommended this book some months ago but it was sold out. Bill just said he is currently working on updates on a third edition if anyone is interested.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill's book "Centrefire Rifle Accuracy" is such a wealth of information it should be a standard text book for all gun smithing schools. At 535 pages there is nothing about building a rifle and rifle smithing that isn't covered in this book.

This is a just sample of some pages from the book showing the detailed technical information and expertise Bill is sharing with the reader.

I can't recommend this book highly enough, anyone who buys it will not be disappointed. It was produced entirely at Bill's cost and he is not making a profit from the sales. The book was written simply because Bill wanted to pass on his life's knowledge and experience of gun smithing.

A third edition will be printed if Bill receives enough pre orders, you can place your order via email at blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com.

Posts: 67 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a great book and I wish I had just a smidgen of his hard won talent.

I have the first edition, I believe the second edition had more photos?

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1973 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com

Sent an email about a purchase.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com took me to a scam sight in Australia with nothing to do with publishing.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,
Bill and I exchanged several emails yesterday. We have several friends in common. I used this email address. blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com
I think the problem you had was you were treating it as a website, which it isn't. Send an email.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, my dumbass is showing Roll Eyes

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Update: Looks to be a larger run this time around. Might even be a little cheaper.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Books are in. Drop Bill a line if interested. mkass2@bigpond.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill has shipped mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine last night, look forward to reading it.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I will email him as I start a gunsmith school this fall and I am sure I can use the knowledge in the book.

Posts: 765 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I'm really pleased to hear that Bill is having another run of his book done!

FYI, it is not only a fantastic book, full of great advice but it is also a real tribute to Bill's incredible physical Talents, Skills and Abilities (read; Masterful), and Bills modesty!

Anybody contemplating getting into Gunsmithing, or just wanting to be on the same page as any great Gunsmith working on their Pride & Joy, could do with a copy of this book!
Further to this and the reason I say this is, I mentioned this to Bill at one stage during the editing of his book, that it would be an real asset to anybody that has Gunsmithing work done for them. As you can ask "The Gunsmith" about how he/she does this or that, and if they give you an alternative response, you can state "That's not how Clarkie does it (Quote; W.H-C Jrn)!

Hope this helps

To the rest of you blokes reading this, do yourself a favor and buy a piece of Shooting History, you won't regret it!

Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Received an invoice this morning...book on its way. Smiler

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Just a follow up on this thread, to see how you blokes like your book?
Also, to keep this thread alive!

Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,
I'm still patiently waiting on mine.

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Same here, I think the shipping got mixed up from air to the slow boat...Wink still waiting and tracking number doesnt work in the states!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Received my copy this week. It's a great book!! Very practical, excellent detail!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in knowing the cost

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I'd be interested in knowing the cost

+1

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with the exchange rate and shipping it would be around $150

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
March 9, 2015 , 7:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

It's on it's way...Smiler.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up my copy today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I'm pretty sure you will not complain and it will be worth the wait, once you receive it!

Doh!
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got a copy of the book the other day. it was so well packed that other than a fire or an explosion I don't think the book could be damaged in shipment. the legal situation in OZ must even be worse than here in the states. the disclaimer at the beginning of the book, though a sad commentary, it is hilarious. it will take a while to get through this one.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it was so well packed that other than a fire or an explosion I don't think the book could be damaged in shipment

Mine came in today. Man you are right about the packing! Can't wait to get into it!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Got mine today...I could only laugh as I peeled the layers back of packaging.(Good grief...Wink). Looks like a great book, be some late nights up with this one! Thanks to all for the heads up on this one.

posted Hide Post
Received my copy yesterday. The disclaimer was excellent. "Bomb me a hole" ????? go to the back of the book, appendix 2 and the phrase will be explained. Nothing I would ever care to do.
An excellent book.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I received a copy last week. I've collected any kind of gunsmith book for as long as I can remember, and this one is certainly one of the best all-around books specifically geared towards precision smithing. A really great read.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine must be on a boat somewhere in the pacific.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did the insured air freight and it took about 2 weeks or a little less.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped the 5th and I received it on the 22nd I believe. For some reason mine went to Chicago and was there about 11 days. Our USPS at work. A very slow airplane. Book is absolutely great.