Notify
Tools

Marlin Butt Stock Interchangability?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted
Howdy,

I have added a .35 Remington Marauder to my Marlin stable. It is in a solid 95% condition with the exception that the previous owner installed a rubber recoil pad and slightly refinished the butt stock. The butt end of the stock has been slightly "rounded" to flow with the lines of the butt pad. (which bothers me)

This being a "straight stock," would it be possible to secure a 1894 .357/.44 Marlin butt stock with original butt plate and replace the original altered early 1960's stock without modification? A perfect wood match does not concern me. I just want to get rid of the rubber pad and replace with a unaltered stock complete with Marlin butt plate.

2nd question:: If yes to above, what tools do I need to remove and replace this stock?

MANY THANKS in advance and y'all have a great day.

Bo

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drop marlin a call or e-mail with your needs,they will help.
As for stock removal,they are held on with one or two screws.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the 1894 stock is different but marlin makes other 336 based rifles with straight grip stocks.

Call Marlin

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote