THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question: Valmet Lion Barrel attachment?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Confused

Has anyone here ever removed the shot barrels from an old Valmet "Finnish Lion" O/U shotgun? If so, how are they attached? Are they simply soldered into the mono-block, or are they threaded in as well? If they are brazed in, then I will have to ream them out, and thread. Would just like to know before I start!
Confused

I have one of these in fine shape, and I would like to remove the shot barrels, and replace them with a pair of rifle barrels chambered for 30-30 Win. I want to shorten the barrels to 20", regulate the them , and fit express iron sights for 100 yd zero.

I had one of these years ago that had a pair of 20" 41 Rem Mag barrels, that I used following dogs on Couger/black bear, and it was a real handy little rifle! Unfortunetly I sold it,along with my dogs. beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
BTT

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of RayGunter
posted Hide Post
This may be a long shot. Steve Lamphear Custom Arms has been takeing on european high end doubles. He's located in Princeton just north-east of Dallas. Maybe he could give some insight.

Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 117 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray, I'll give him a call! beer

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith