THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Accurate weight comparison: Sako AII v. Rem 700 short?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate weight comparison: Sako AII v. Rem 700 short?
 Login/Join

<Jordan>
posted
Has anyone placed the .308 sized Sako action (the ones made in the early to mid-80s, I think the model is AII) on a postal scale and done the same with a Rem 700? What is the weight difference?

Thanks,

Jordan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jordan,

I don't know.....but I am thinking of taking an L579 barreled action, of mine, and building a lightweight coyote rifle in 20BR or 20 Dasher.

I'll probably weigh the action sometime during the project.

Regards

Friend Of The 17.....and maybe the 20.
Kevin Gullette

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
Brown Precision was always good about posting action weights,in their catalog. That was an aid in deciding finsihed rifle weights,after determining barrel length,contour and their stocks. I'll go through the book cases and see if I can find an older Catalog.

I've never visted their Site. Perhaps they post that info there?.............