New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much to magnaflux an Enfield P-14?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a P-14 action several years ago and am finally think about doing something with it.

Should I have it magnafluxed to check for cracks before having it 'smithed?

Thanks,

Steve

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Call the local engine builder closest to you, and ask them how much. should be next to nothing.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if it worries you, find a local company that does NDE/NDT (Non Destructive Examination/Testing). In Houston, there will be literally hundreds of companies doing this. Tell them what you wnat to do and see what they say. If you bring it to their office, it shoul dnot cost very much to mag-particle the reciver

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem was not with the P-14, which was a rifle manufactured by Remington for the British. It was only with the P-17s in .30-'06 manufactured by Eddystone Arsenal and rebarreled during WWII.

Geo.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
But it still wouldn't hurt to have it done...

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Steve, where have you been hiding? I'm in dire need of a friend with an intact Choya Ranch connection! If given a second chance, I promise not to get any blood on the concrete.

Forrest

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

There is something about the second kid that seems to cause all your free time to disappear to parts unknown.

Now that my boy is two and peeing in the toilet by himself, I have rediscovered my gun safe and the tools in my garage.

I'll drop you a note to catch up.

Steve

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geo.

P-14's were made by Winchester, Eddystone, as well as Remington.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote