THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Help needed quick with 1909 Argentine Bottom Metal

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed quick with 1909 Argentine Bottom Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are they worth the effort? I have a line on one, with a Wisner floor plate and shipping will be about 175.00. DOES ANY ONE HAVE PICS of them reworked??? What can I stuff in one? I am liking the 416 Taylor or AR. Will it work with one of these rounds? I do not want to miss out if this is the way to go. I do not want to jerk the seller around if it is not. 1st CRF and mauser and bigbore all in one. The dumb questions will be coming more quickly as parts come together.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are pictures of a couple of 1909 Argentines on Mark Stratton's website

Rifle 1 has a close-up picture of a straddle floorplate.

Sorry, I have no idea how big a cartridge you can put in that magazine box.

Good luck,

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you have a 1909 action and bottom metal f0r 175? if it's not pitted to hell or setback, let me know if you pass.

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is it just the bottom metal? If so, that is a very high price. If it is the action and bottom metal, then it is an ok price.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
is it just the bottom metal? If so, that is a very high price. If it is the action and bottom metal, then it is an ok price.

Please point me in the proper direction to purchase a 1909 Argentine bottom metal with the Wisner floorplate for under $175. Where can I buy it for cheaper?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc,
You must not have tried to find any of these lately. The prices have gone thru the roof as the supply has dried up.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 1909 barreled action w/ bottom metal for $165 about 10 months ago and figured this was still the ball park it was in these days.

I guess I got real lucky. Maybe I need to start buying lottery tickets???

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc, I wish it was. They are most often 50% over that, if you can find them. I remember buying them for anywhere from $80 to $120 and that has been a while but no longer. Good to see you up and about this fine morning. I'll get you a cup of coffee. Smiler

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
And the Wisner floorplate is another $65, not counting cost of installation if someone else does it.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here are a few.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a lot more than a few. You can count a "few" on part of one hand. Anything over that is a "bunch". And when a bunch gets over 10 it is a $hit pot. Chic's rule #146.

Chic Worthing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is what I call a freaking showoff!!!
All I could post would be a couple argentines, and a small ring Mexican Mauser.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote