New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am torn...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, with money burning a hole in my wallet, I am torn. Just throwing some numbers out there I figure I can afford a CZ550 SafariClassics in 450 Rigby, or get a American Safari in 416 Rigby and rebarrel for 470 Mbogo, or get a M70(NOT pushfeed), rebarrel for 458AR, and new stock. Whatcha think? The 450 is about $1700, The 416 laminated $800 and maybe $500 for the rebarrel, and the M70 is brobably $400, $500 for rebarrel, and $500 to $1000 for a finished bedded stock. Either way, I would end up making brass for those carts to save cash, so that is not an issue.

I doubt I will ever get to cross the pond with this rifle, so having a wildcat doesnt matter either.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fund an IRA And buy a rifle another dayWink

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
All good choices..
and it sounds likes you are basically 2/3 on 45 caliber, and 1/3 on mbogo...

I am kind of in the same place.. I have a ruger rsm 416 that I am considering sending off for a rebore to 470mbogo...

here's what I suggest...

wait 2 months till i have load results for the 416, 458, and 470 ar and then you can select again. No point in "wasting" time and money.

for what its worth, and if you want a middle ground, the 450 rigby CAN do 500gr at 2400+... but I would rather have dave's round between the two

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38607 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
===THREAD JACK===

DAMMIT my rings are on backorder for my 375...

Good point Jeffe, I guess I am antsy cause I am sick and tired of being sick and tired on my vacation. Cant even go hunting, too sick to sit in a stand.

Fund an IRA? That would be the sensible thing to do. Who wants to do that when you can sling lead and copper downrange OUNCES at a time instead of grains...

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[Either the .450 Rigby or leave as a .416 Rigby (one of my favourite cals).

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Gixxer, I had a momentary lapse last night. I personally prefer the M70 to the CZ, but that safari classics in .450 Rigby is tempting.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
How about the CZ in 404 Jeffery? they are making that aren't they?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they are, but the 404 isnt a 458. I do hope to get a 404 one day, but right now bigger is higher on the priority list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOOHOO!!! Fever of 102deg!!

I love pneumonia.