Notify
Tools

Ruger No 1 Re-barrel in Houston
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted
Gents

I am looking to re-barrel my 1H in 375 to 404 Jeffrey.

I checked with my one local contact in the Hemstead area (Pete Piper) and he no longer works on the Number 1.

I figured with all the local Houston guys, I might be able to get some recommends?

Thanks,

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call and see if Charlie Sisk will do it. He's in Dayton (Texas).

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Pac-Nor does.

give them a call.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Will call around.

Also sent a note to Bobby Pitchford in Waller.

0351 USMC

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
give it to jim kobe- he's done several for me - have him do a trigger job at the same time

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heck no --
rebore and rechamber ... lots less work

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39661 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a NO.3 and NO.1 that changed barrel/calibers and couple things other than the barrel that needs attention is the extractor to work with whatever case you are using and possibly opening up of the forearm wood. The extractor size/PN for whatever caliber is listed in the Brownell catalog and very reasonable cost, and easy to install. Don't know the diameter of the 404 case at the rear but did my NO 1 in 348Win. and parent case for that round is the 50-110 and believe the diameter of the rim is .620?? Had to relieve the scalloped out area just forward of the safety for the case to clear while putting into chamber, easy job with Dremel and just took small mount of work. As long as you have the right size extractor the NO 1 does not care what you feed it.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Jeffe said.

JES reboring in Oregon will take of it for you for about $250.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
heck no --
rebore and rechamber ... lots less work

I have the 1-S-C 45-70. It has the same contour, but with a 26" barrel. My rifle weighs 8lbs. I think a re-bore would come out weighing about the same.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote