New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 1936 Mexican Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have two of them, I would like some opinions on what I should do with them. They are just the actions, one I have blued, the other is still in the white. The latter one was recovered from a burned out mobile home. I had that one tested for hardness, it needs to be re-hardened. Does anyone know of a place that can do that. The blued action is fine, I only need to barrel it, stock it, drill and tap for scope. The only problem is what should I chamber it for?

Can I make them into a 6mm Rem. or 308 Win. Or do I have to stick with the 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, or 7x57? What about a 257 Roberts AI?

Thanks

------------------

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big 17:
I have two of them, I would like some opinions on what I should do with them. They are just the actions, one I have blued, the other is still in the white. The latter one was recovered from a burned out mobile home. I had that one tested for hardness, it needs to be re-hardened. Does anyone know of a place that can do that. The blued action is fine, I only need to barrel it, stock it, drill and tap for scope. The only problem is what should I chamber it for?

Can I make them into a 6mm Rem. or 308 Win. Or do I have to stick with the 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, or 7x57? What about a 257 Roberts AI?

Thanks

Perfect for a lightweight 250-3000.

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're more than welcome to sell me the one that needs to be re-hardened.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make it something that will feed right, or make sure you get the magazine modified accordingly. Mine is rebarreled in 7mm-08 -- fine caliber but the cartridges have to make too steep a jump into the chamber.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote