New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno/CZ, model ZG47
 Login/Join

<Ola>
posted
May be there is some information about this action another place in the forum, but I have not found it.

Is it a plain M98 (-copy), or is there any modifications like the Brno 601?

Is there any posibility to get 4 rounds of the 9,3x64 in the magasin?

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ola,
The 47 was a 98 with dovetailed square bridges. The rear bridge had a anchor block slot for the rings like the BRNO 21. Bolt shroud and safety similar to the 601. It had a hinged magazine with the release in front of the trigger guard. You could get it with two triggers, a double set trigger or a single set trigger.

Chic

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hei Ola!

The ZG-47 action is a prime choise for a custom rifle! The safety is located on the bolt shroud blocking the firing pin like a M-98 flag safety. The safety is off when you pull the lever against you, not away like most other rifles. This could be a problem if you are used to another rifle and have to pu the ZG off safety in a hurry.

I have used a ZG-47 for a few years for moose and I didn�t have any problem with the "reversed" safety.

The rifle now have a 3 position M-70 style safety

The trigger is good and with a little work with a stone mine is really crisp at about 1 kg.

My BRNO takes 5 9,3X62 + one up the chamber. I suspect that there should be possible to get 4 9,3X64 down but I�m not sure.

I use Warnes QD skope mounts on it and they are realiable and good looking to.

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Hey Ola

For once in a long time I agree with Stefan, which is always not the case.

The Zg 47 is perhaps the best mauser rifle made for civilian use and has a lot of features that the others does not have. It's also very well made and has good steel quality.

I have two ZG47 rifles, one in 270 win and a 8X64s that will be rebarreled to 9,3X62.

If you like mauser style rifles you will not be unhappy by getting a ZG47.

I only have one wich about the ZG 47 and that is that they would have made a longer version for the 416 rigby and other biggies.

MATS vet du om n�gon 9,3X62 som �r till salu?

/ JOHAN

[This message has been edited by JOHAN (edited 01-17-2002).]

<Ola>
posted
Thank you for good information!
Ola

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The Brno ZG-47 is one of the finest commericial Mauser-type actions one can have. I would include the pre-64 M-70 and F.N. commericial 98's as my other favorites. I am a real sucker for these Brno's, perhaps because they are so scarce in the USA. Only about 20,000 were made, mostly between 1956-1962 although I have one manufactured in 1950, and they were not imported into the USA because of cold-war politics. Because of their scarcity, people often confuse ZKK, 21-H and 22-F models as ZG's. I would be careful about customizing one because they are so nice just the way they are (and valuable). The earlier M-21H and 22-F's are great too.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN!

Do you mix me up with Mats?

I know Mats, we live in the same town. But thats all, we don�t even look alike

He�s long and big and I�m short and skinny

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always considered the Brno 22F and 21H
the best commercial rifle ever developed..I much prefer them to the others...I have one of each in 7x57 and 8x57 respectively.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Vasa>
posted
Ray;

Saw a Brno 21 for sale here in Canada not long ago, 7x57 I think. Perhaps a good buy for Can$ 800?
Hi you Swedes - Ola, Stfan, and Johan - let me know if you run into a ZG-47 in 9,3x62, in good shape! It makes a great gun for up here. Had a ZKK-600 (old one with peep) one time but put a Shilen octagon barrel on it and built it into a 338WM. Wish I still had it.

Vasa

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

<JOHAN>
posted
Vasa
I'm looking for a ZG-47 for my own personal use right now. If I find any more I can think about shipping it to you, but there are a pile of paper to work before shipping.

I have a friend who sells rifles and he has several BRNO 21 and 22 with both kinds of safety. They are cheap compared to the prices in the states.

STEFAN
Vet du om n�gon 9,3X62?? Var det l�tt att installera den nya s�kringen? Jag har planer p� att byta p� b�da min b�ssor. Har du sett senaste Allt om jakt och vapen, Inge Henriksson har en del godis till salu!!

[This message has been edited by JOHAN (edited 01-17-2002).]

<K9>
posted
JOHAN
Den �v�n� du n�mner t�nker han s�lja de m 21 /m 22 han har?? I s� fall vem �r han o hur f�r man tag p� honom?? Jag letar efter en s�dan i r�tt kaliber......
Approp� Inge Henrikson s� har han redan s�lt en del..... Iaf det jag ville ha:-(.

K9

[This message has been edited by K9 (edited 01-17-2002).]