Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican? Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted
I have two complete sets of Mauser parts, except the recivers, for what was sold to me as Mexican Mausers. They do not have the Springfield '03 style of cocking piece but the regular 98 style. They are, however, about 1/4" to 3/8" shorter than the standard model 98. What do I have here?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More than likely 1910 Mex parts.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
junk.. send it to me, i'll pay shipping to get it out of your shop!!!

honestly, 22 sounds right, 1910s. excellent rifles can be made from this, and there's quite a few receivers only floating around out there
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38640 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso - I've had these things for nearly 20 years. I bought them from an ad In the Shotgun News with the promise that the receivers would be forthcoming, which never happened. Where would you suggest that I search for receivers only? They seem like they'd make beautiful 7 X 57's, .257 Roberts, etc. Would they fit the Turkish receivers?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Masterrifleman,
I have seen receivers only at times lately and will look around. The hard parts to find are those that you have.

You would be best off to wait and use them in a mex mauser rather than a Turk.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I just received an e-mail from Hoosier Gun Works, saying that they have several that are pitted and they want $10.00 for the receivers. If they admit to being pitted, I wonder how badly? For $10.00 ea it might be worth trying them.