New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Dakota Arms owner???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It looks like old Charlie pulled it off and got Dakota back.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like old Charlie pulled it off and got Dakota back

So as a Dakota owner is that good or bad?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not good in my opinion.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
And just how did he do that?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
Interesting. The original rumors that Dakota was auctioning off their assets was not correct, but rather the company was auctioned off as a whole. Guess he was the highest bidder.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The original rumors that Dakota was auctioning off their assets was not correct, but rather the company was auctioned off as a whole. Guess he was the highest bidder.

So run a compnay into the hole and then buy it back at auction at a discount???? Confused

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:
The original rumors that Dakota was auctioning off their assets was not correct, but rather the company was auctioned off as a whole. Guess he was the highest bidder.

So run a compnay into the hole and then buy it back at auction at a discount???? Confused

LOL, that's sure what it looks like to me.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
The tours for interested buyers where a joke.
That whole smokescreen was designed to scare off anyone interested in bidding.
They had the wool yanked so far over the eyes of that young banker from Minnesota, that poor kid didn't know shit from shineola.
So what they did is they scared away all the real bidders, then got some buddies to bid low, because and auction is not an auction with one bidder, then just bid higher than your buddy and presto, free and clear. When they say best of the best they aren't shittin, it takes a good crook to steal a whole gun company.
Timan

Posts: 1225 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just another way to put it to your creditors.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks Bad, smells worse...

I see a "Pig n a Poke", everyone else is going to get screwed.

Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
So whats to prevent Kokesh from doing the same thing all over again?

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know any of the details, but I'd think he'd have a helluva time getting credit for anything.

Anyone got a link, the sale is not final until approved by a bankruptcy court.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:
Interesting. The original rumors that Dakota was auctioning off their assets was not correct, but rather the company was auctioned off as a whole. Guess he was the highest bidder.

I was suspicious when all the money was needed up front to bid on anything.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
timan, did you get to go to the walk through? can you tell us how they went about it to discourage everybody. I would think this creates a major stigma and keeps people away from them.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
The auction was for the whole shebang, but only one bid was submitted. Dakota had submitted a strawman bid that others would have to beat. Word is there weren't any other bidders, so the bankruptcy judge accepted Dakot's bid.

I understand the only complaint was from the original bank that demanded payment and sent Dakota into BK in the first place.

The basic problem of revenues not matching up with expenses will still remain if that was the original problem.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vendors would be wise not to give this new/old Dakota anything on credit. Eeker

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to adequately express my utmost contempt for a legal and financial system, and a society, which would allow any man to avoid paying his creditors and depositors for supposed lack of working capital, then allow that very same man to buy that very same company at ANY price. Seems to me any and all assets, money or credit to which he had/has access should be seized to pay his creditors, insofar as discoverable.

Anything else is a pure and simple insult to the common working man, and to the business community as a whole. No wonder things like Enron occur, when the accepted ethic of the business system seems to me to be to STEAL all you can.

How do I spell theft? I use the letters in the name of a commonly known gun company...

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
If you want to cut to the chase, read ForrestB's posts on this thread:

Dakota

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timan:
, it takes a good crook to steal a whole gun company.
Timan

Talk about Crooks. I have seen this kinda business pratice over and over in the construction business.

Im amazed how these crooks set up business (inc. and LLC) with the intent to burn who ever they coned into investing, and also burn any materials/ parts supplyer they manage to get credit from to get parts and supplys and materials.

I have subcontracted to General contractors who have no intention of paying any of their Subs. Ever year or 6 months they set up a new business name and bankrupt the previous business and leave venders without paying their bills accuired.

There is a guy(crook) here local that everybody knows and hates. How and who he coned into finaceing $4,000,000 worth of equipment that got repoed, amazes my. I know he has also commited insurance fruad claiming other equipment was stolin and collected insurance money. He also stole $30,000 of parts from a supplyer I know. I talked to this supplyer and he is still more than willing to sell this guy parts.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
I went for a walk through. certian things I was told did not add up. The machine shop was sitting idle, we were told there were no funds for carbide tooling, I saw new tooling still in plastic sleeves. The cnc in the wood shop was running at about 1/3 rd the speed it can go, we were told it needed a 30k software upgrade to go any faster, I looked at the feed dial which is normally set at 100% it was at running at 30% in wood on a fadal 4020, give me a break, that thing was turned down to make it look slow.
We saw some big A/R 15 in 408, that they got roped into making it's got some problem and that problem was a deep dark secret, however the new buyer would still have to deliver at least 2 of these but they've gone thru hell just to get one that won't work.
Nothing was prepared for the due diligence meeting, the accountant didn't seem to know a thing for sure, had no paperwork or solid numbers for anything financial she was guessing.
When you ask what it cost to turn this thing on and turn it off every month, they should have had that information in print. Instead it was like "oh 200k plus or minus 30k" so you take the high end, and that's most likely wrong.
It became clear that there would be no clear answers for anything and the meeting was over.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
What a scam! Roll Eyes Wonder if they will show their faces at the next Shot Show?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure they will show there faces. With a big smile and jaws a-flappin spewing lies and inertaining B.S. Maybe a couple pick pockets working the crowd. Eeker

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:

Must have gotten some advive from Donald Trump.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1439 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote