THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Cost Of Weatherby 'Drop Box Mag" and All steel Bottom Metal.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost Of Weatherby 'Drop Box Mag" and All steel Bottom Metal.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How much is it to purchase the all steel bottom metal for my 338/378 accumark and to also have the drop box floorplate that allows one more round capacity ??

Also does anyone sell these parts on line ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
PC<
Not that I am aware of, does anyone make it all steel.
Weatherby sells the drop box from their custom shop for a couple bucks
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39586 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ShortandFat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PC:
How much is it to purchase the all steel bottom metal for my 338/378 accumark and to also have the drop box floorplate that allows one more round capacity ??

Also does anyone sell these parts on line ??

PC, they are a specialty "custom option on the weatherby site.

Contact Weatherby in Australia direct you can order one, but it isn't steel it's alloy and will cost around $400

As I said it's a custom shop option, so the chances of one just laying around in a gunshop are rare

regards
S&F

Posts: 463 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffo,

apprently the wethareby custom shop does all steel on request..............Jeffo what does the extra round floorplate cost in the states ?? $400AUS is just way out of control, you could have a smith machine one up cheaper I reckon.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote