New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms .375 H&H, depth of rifling?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Took the day off and with a buddy went gun shop hopping. Last one of the day had an Interams Mark X in a plastic stock, a .375H&H. The gun looked great, was priced OK at $575. The bore was clean and shiny the rifling was sharp but looked very shallow. My buddy thought the same. Was that typical of these guns?

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
.004 to .005

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's standard I'm sure but I couldn't slug the bore to find out, I'm just going on the visual and it looked shallow.

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a 375 I can't imagine its been shot out.

I have in the past seen barrels that have been neglected, and brought back nice and shiney with bore paste, that does nothing good for the rifleing.

Posts: 75 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not Chief, definitely not shot out, in fact, doesn't look even shot at all, mirror like bore but the rifling is hard to see,

thanks,

Rob

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Slug it and take a measurement. .003 - .004 isn't out of the ordinary. How does it shoot? If it's the original barrel it's likely hammer forged, which means the mandrel could be near the end of a run.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote