Find
Notify
Tools

1909 argentine bolt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
Is it easy to dissasemble and clean the mauser bolt in the field or clean it at home like the molel 70 winchester?

It works like new but just want to know if it is as easy.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
If you have a 3 position safety it's very simple. Cock the rifle (empty chamber). With the bolt down move the safety to the middle position (safe, but bolt still able to move up and down). Now remove the bolt from the action with the safety still in the middle position. With the bolt out, look at the bolt shroud. You'll see a small button on the left side where it makes contact with the action. Push that button in and turn the bolt shroud counter clock wise. The firing pin, spring, cocking piece, bolt shroud and safety will unscrew from the bolt body. This will allow you to clean and lube as necessary. You can go further if you like, place the end of the firing pin against a hard surface. Push the bolt shroud down and compress the firing pin spring. After the spring is compressed all the way, turn the cocking piece 1/4 turn and pull up. This will separate it from the firing pin and the you can remove the shroud and spring. Remember though, when you reassemble the safety needs to be put back in the middle position or you'll be putting it back together the hard way. Wink

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
becareful here...

the shroud and stuff is under fairly high spring tension, and can pinch you like HELL or launch the firing pin!!

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys just like i thought,but have had to assemble them back the HARD way before .
I this case it was just like the model 70.

Thanks again!

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Moder 70 is just like the Mauser. Wink

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote