New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement Parts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need some help locating plate screws and a yoke screw assembly for a Taurus M44SS6. Taurus informed me they are on backorder with no scheduled due date. Screws must be matte stainless steel. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taurus parts are always on backorder. Folks are always in our store looking for Taurus parts. Try Brownells, they may have the parts you need, or something that will work.

If folks are always looking for parts, that tells me a lot about quality. We do not sell Taurus in our store, except on special order.

Good luck.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
other than experimenting with SW screws, taurus would be the only true source .. numrich MIGHT have something .. brownells might...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38593 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not found a source for late model Taurus parts except from Taurus. It make take months to get what you need from them.

If you are replacing the screws because the slots are buggered, you could repair them instead. What I do is place the screw in a close fitting hole in my steel bench block. It you don't have one, you can drill a hole in a piece of scrap steel. The main thing is you want to support the back of the screw head while not marring the threads. Then lightly peen the displaced metal on the slot back into place. Lastly polish the screw on a polish wheel or by hand with a little abrasive paper.

And whatever you do, don't take the side plate off of a Taurus revolver. If you do, never admit it to Taurus, they will void the warranty. Then they'll offer to reinstate the warranty for a fee.

I don't have much good to say about the company.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote