Notify
Tools

Remington Lemons ?
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buell:
I think if you really wanted to in your situation that you could indeed request a restraining order against Atkinson and JBelk. Wether or not you feel that is needed is up to you. But just something to think about if things get much hairer for you. There is plenty of evidence on this and other sites for that purpose.

Nothing personal here, but I can't help but respond. I can't believe anyone would ever even consider taking an internet spat this far. Personally, I think a judge would be at risk of heart attack from the obvious hilarity of his/her consideration of this situation. Laughing it out of court would be an understatement.

The first thing he would ask is, "Did you consider not posting to this individual?".

It takes two to tango, friends. I do not take sides in these issues primarly because I am as dissapointed in the behaviour of the "respondents" as I am of the "initiators". The stench emmanating from the large pile of dung that is threads like this, is most often created by those responding to a percieved troll, or someone otherwise creating controversy. No matter who is right or who is wrong, the whole thing still stinks.

I will repeat my advice: If you think someone's trolling, don't bite. If you don't like what someone has written, don't read anymore of his/her posts. If you can't help reading them (like watching an accident for instance), just don't make it worse by responding. Or at least use the 24 hour rule (sit on it for 24 hours and see if it still pisses you off as much). It really isn't rocket science, gentlemen (and ladies).

It never ceases to amaze how many "adults" refuse to raise their behaviour beyond that of a child.

Regards,
Canuck

[ 08-01-2002, 03:26: Message edited by: Canuck ]

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WET
You can run but you cannot hide forever...
Finish what *you* started.

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003639

Sincerely, Augustis ><>

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have taken the time to read the full transcript referenced by JBelk and I believe he and Ray most assuredly have a legitimate and serious grievance against Tibbe.

What I have seen of Atkinson and Belk is they are men of their words. What I have seen of Tibbe is he talks out both sides of his mouth at once.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck (that was for Buell, the forum cursing proctor), sounds like the Etronix trigger group makes one appreciate more the inherent simplicity of the Mauser.

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
William E. Tibbe is simply a liar, and he does not know me or anything about me..or anything else as far as I can see....He has nothing positive to say about anything and has been kicked off all these boards...

I am surprised that Buell would associate himself with with a person like Tibbe...or accuse me for the 2nd time of threatening him, when he knows that I have not...

I have only threatened one person and that is Bill Tibbe, and if we ever come face to face we will come to taw and I will pay the fine...simple as that. But he will stay under his rock until hell freezes over because he is quite simply, a lying coward.

Posts: 41999 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Canuck,
As for your advise all I can say is that I tried to stay out of this but thats just not the cowboy way, you can only rag on me so long.....

NOW, Bill Tibbe can put me under a restraining order, he can possibly toss me in jail, he can possibly cause me great grief, he may have enough money to do all this, but the ONE thing he cannot do is UNWHIP HIS ASS. and that is something you didn't take into consideration in your post, but then it wasn't any of your business in the first place, according to your own post..

What YOU don't understand is that Belk and I are from the south and we think different, you know "put up or shut up", motherhood and apple pie are sacred, and don't call a man a liar or anything else on line that you would not call him to his face...I think that is fair.

Now I have no arguement with you, and I am just explaining my side of this thing and I did not cast the first stone...

Posts: 41999 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Mr. Atkinson,

You know I have no personal beef with you or any of the others. You can post as you please.

I just put my advice out there for everyones consideration, as it is THE way to avoid strife on the net. No one needs to get into a fight on the net, they choose to. So if you do choose otherwise, that is your choice. It is a free world.

I just ask that when you (and everyone else) do post on threads like these, please do not forget who's place gets soiled during the pissing match. I am not saying anything that hasn't been said before, and I am sure you know I would likely just keep to myself if I wasn't doing my job.

Regards,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

Of all the posts I have seem on this forum, your last post is the one that has to be queried.

Your reference to "my job" suggests that the views expressed are Saeed's.

Saeed can't have it both ways.

Have things changed with Saeed. As you know I did moderator on political for about a week or so. I resigned because some people were questioning Saeed about his "representative". I have often thought that I insulted Saeed with that resignation. The reason being, that he took my rcommendation to start a Political forum and to have Mike Eisch (Chainsaw) as moderator. Saeed was well aware that both Chainsaw and myself were not reserved people and would have been aware that some people coming to join the site would also not be reserved. In other words, the African thread and others would not have suprised him.

But you know, even when people were complaining about my thread on Africa forum, nothing coming from Saeed except comments of how people wanted freedom but can't really deal with it. Even when I resigned he wanted it doubly confirmed.

So again "my job" ....has Saeed changed what he wants.

If he has, again, he can't have it both ways.

It is kind of like having the woman with the big tits and then complaining because it costs to much to buy bras.

If it is "your job" then this site is the same as HA. Again "my job" meaning you are expressing Saeeds views.

Mike

[ 08-05-2002, 13:55: Message edited by: Mike375 ]

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I am sure Canuck can answer for himself, but I think you might have misunderstood what he meant.

There is no one here who has a "job". A job implies that someone is being paid for what he does. And as you know, no one is being paid, everyone has kindly offered his time to help with the running of these forums.

Whenever any of us, including myself, posts anything, it implies purely the posters own opinion, and no one elses.

That is the only way we can have it if we wish to have it censorship free [Smile]

Posts: 67540 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Unless I am reading Canuck's posting wrong he did stipulate because of his job.

I would likely just keep to myself if I wasn't doing my job.

A job does not always mean being paid in dollars or some other monetary reward.

For example, in Australia many of our bush fire fighters are volunteers, but they would also crawl over broken glass to be part of the fire fighting team. For a few weeks each year they can be on TV.

So they do obey and also express the views of those above them.

Everything always comes back to what Chainsaw would say so often....only 1% of the people can deal with freedom...by the way it use to be 5% but was down graded [Smile]

Mike

[ 08-05-2002, 15:01: Message edited by: Mike375 ]

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike,

With all due respect to Chainsaw, I think he is wrong.

I would venture less than 0.01% at the most really care about freedom, otherwise we would not be ruled by politicians who are more than happy to sell their own grandmothers to be famous!

Posts: 67540 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I must tell you that the first time I spoke to Chainsaw on the phone about how many people would pay the price for freedom my position was "only me from what I can see". So Chainswaw downgraded from 5% to 1% and thereby left some room for others [Smile] I think we had to leave room for Dan Lamoreaux.

Anyway, I have ordered my 416 bullet making gear from Richard Corbin so as I can make varmint style bullets in 416 for our roos and pigs and also our upcoming camel hunt. I will be comparing my bullets to premium bullets in 416 [Big Grin]

A 320 grain in 416 with the thin jacket and big hollow point will be like a scaled up 130 grain Speer 308 Hollow Point, although the sectional density is like a 175 grain 30 caliber.

I am getting jackets starting at .018". My bullets will make the Hawk bullets with thin jacketed bullets look like armour piercers [Big Grin]

Saeed, how do think these bullets will go from 416 Wby at 3000 f/s plus.

By the way, for any others that read this, Richard Corbin is extremely good to deal with and a bloke called Butch Hairfield (Durham Bullet Company) makes jackets in every and any thickness you can think of, but the gear is expensive to make bullets.

Mike

[ 08-05-2002, 15:39: Message edited by: Mike375 ]

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Mike,

With all due respect, I think you are just reading too much into my choice of words, or perhaps being too literal in your interpretation.

When I used the term "job", I meant it in the figurative sense and intended to imply that if I weren't "moderating" (again, not strictly in the literal sense, but in the sense that it is applied at this site) I probably would have ignored this thread entirely.

Any of the views I express here are mine alone. The only part of moderating that can be considered "work" is reading these nonesense threads, and taking the time to remind people why this forum is here for them to use and imploring that they think a little before they post. I certainly don't get paid for this work, and definately don't do it for the celebrity status. [Wink] Somebody has to watch the forums, and someone has to be available to answer questions. I answer a lot of questions (e-mailed) but in all the watching I do, I have only ever had to delete one post. Any of you that saw it would understand why even a free-speech site might have to delete the odd post. Grossly indecent is an understatement.

Another thing to consider is that "moderating" does not necessarily mean the same thing everywhere, even if it was a "job". It can be a heavy handed, controlling influence, or it can be the polar opposite.

Anyway, regardless of my views on the matter, if you think that any of this would make this site "just like HA", then I am pretty surprised. Does it seem just like HA???? The proof of the pudding is in the eating right? Where has there ever been the inkling of that type of censorship and/or control of the masses?

Thinking on it some more, however, I also don't totally agree with you on your thinking in general that an employee is a drone of the employer. Maybe in many or even most fields this is true, but there are many shades of grey out there. In my daily work it is certainly not true. As a registered professional it is my duty to represent the public, the profession, and my employer in that order (it is actually the law). And yet, I am employed by industry. My professional opinions are mine alone, and the company I work for counts on that. Maybe it is an over-generalization on my part to assume other people might also think the same way, but I also take that approach in my "after hours" pursuits as well. It is not just the way I do my actual job, it is the way I am. I don't say anything I don't believe in myself, and wouldn't no matter how good the pay might be (theoretically, of course. no one has ever offered me more than a blue collar salary [Smile] ). My personal integrity is not for sale.

My apologies for being less than clear in my use of the term "job". I assumed everyone would know what I meant, and was brief in the interest of saving time and my typing fingers. I didn't anticipate it causing any confusion.

BTW, the idea of a restraining order resulting from an internet spat still makes me chuckle. A libel suit I can understand, but a restraining order? To get one, you'd have to give up your anonymity and let the person you are trying to restrain know exactly where you live so that they could not approach it. If not, the only solution would be..."By decree of the court of blah, blah, you may not post within 500m of Mr. X at any time". Just strikes me as humorous. [Smile]

Regards,
Canuck

[ 08-05-2002, 21:41: Message edited by: Canuck ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck-

Im glad you think thats so humorous.

Buell

Posts: 935 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

Was the post you deleted that horrible picture some anti posted a year or so ago? If it was you shouldnt even count it as a delete. It was the worst thing i ever seen, thank you. That wasnt censorship at all.

[ 08-06-2002, 03:44: Message edited by: LV Eric ]

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Buell, No offence was intended. I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around the idea without seeing the humor in it.

[Smile] Canuck

[ 08-06-2002, 04:51: Message edited by: Canuck ]

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
LV Eric, Ya that was it. I am just glad I caught it when I did. I couldn't hit delete fast enough! I think it has scarred me to this day. [Smile]

Canuck

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

Can't you see the commonality between that picture and the big pile you left in Africa? [Smile]

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Touche. [Smile]

About the only thing they had in common is that they both probably would have been more appropriate for the "Big Bores" forum. [Eek!]

[Embarrassed] Canuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cannuck,
Now its a liable suit!! [Razz] not a restraining order?? Why? because I'm liable to whup ole WETs butt, well you can make book on that buddy boy if he ever comes forth which he won't, the little yellow rat. He will hide behind the internet until hell freezes over..thats just his cowardly nature.

You didn't seem to find much fault with him attacking my livlyhood with a pack of bald faced lies that effects my family and feeds my kids...Is that your "job"??

Like I said, I have no beef with you but I don't think your "job" is to offer legal advise to a skunk...No hard feeling that's just the way I feel about it. We all know I never have challanged anyone phyically on any board until now, and I will not weaken and thats just half the story.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Like I said, I have no beef with you but I don't think your "job" is to offer legal advise to a skunk...No hard feeling that's just the way I feel about it.

Mr Atkinson,

Just to be clear, I didn't offer legal advice to anyone. I am personally surprised that an internet feud would come to the point that any legal action was necessary. My gut feeling is that a judge would probably tell everyone to go learn to play nice. But I am very sorry I let my guard down and expressed a personal opinion on something other than guns or hunting. [Roll Eyes] The reference to a libel suit actually came from J. Belk's posts, not your adversaries', if that means anything. And as I mentioned, I could understand how someone might have grounds to sue for libel or defamation based on internet communications.

quote:
You didn't seem to find much fault with him attacking my livlyhood with a pack of bald faced lies that effects my family and feeds my kids...Is that your "job"??
You will please note that I have not stuck up for or found fault with anyone. I think we all know that the internet can be a nasty place to do business. I certainly can't change that. Doing so around here could be construed as comparable to the "protection of certain paying advertisers/sponsors" that you see on other sites. That would be totally contrary to the philosophy of this site. We are all equal here. I don't think it was a fluke that Saeed chose the name "One of us" for those that have stuck around and posted a few times.

As far as I am concerned you all come here of your own accord, you all read and respond to posts as you see fit, and you all can take care of yourselves. My main interest in posting on this thread (which you are all making me regret) was to try and make people think about the fact that having a fight is one thing, but trashing your friend's place while doing it is another. This is not your everyday commercial website, that counts on attracting as many people as possible for their paid advertisers. This is a personal website, that Saeed has generously made available for all or our mutual benefit. I think if people think about that occasionally it might affect they way they conduct themselves. Maybe that's just wishful thinking?

FWIW, I don't have any beef with you either. I am just trying to explain where I am coming from as I obviously wasn't clear enough the first few times.

BTW, I think I clearly explained my use of the term "job" above. You really don't need to keep wagging it in my face. I sure didn't think it was that big of a deal.

May we move on to other more interesting and enjoyable things?

Regards,
[Smile] Canuck

[ 08-07-2002, 00:33: Message edited by: Canuck ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,
Fair enough, lets do just that....I hate it when I let it drag me down to this level, but I have never been known for a milk toast and my very nature comes into play...I will make a determined effort to back off these frivilous threads........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

I'm glad you caught it quickly as I'm still scared too. Also thank you for your efforts here.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote