THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    The difference between the Mauser 98 and the Model 70
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The difference between the Mauser 98 and the Model 70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

You are full of shit on this one and you know it!!!!! I have one user name right now. Its 22WRF. Period.

But thats okay. Even you are allowed to have a little fun now and then. Big Grin

I am still looking forward to seeing photos of those two custom rifles that you are having Mr. Worthing do for you and your son.

Kevin

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
Wait....Wait........I have it.....Why didn't I see it right off??????

Riflebuilder is Blue...........aka 22WRF............aka Kevin K.......aka who knows how many other user names.

RB is not 22wrf ... just for clarification

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38662 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Howard
Even you are allowed to have a little fun now and then. Big Grin

Kevin

Glad you see it that way.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The differences between the two probablt out number the similarities. After all, the similarities amount to the number of locking lugs, the staggered magazine, and the intended feeding system. Apart from these items, the breeching system is different. Barrel fitting system is different. The striker/firing pin is different. The trigger, safety, bolt stop and ejector are all different. The bedding system is different.
As to suitability; I have always contended, if you want a rugged, reliable hunting rifle, a properly set up Mauser is perfect. If you want a classic hunting rifle with target features, a Model 70 is great. If you want an accurate varminter, you want a Remington 700.
I like using Mausers because they offer the gunsmith an opportunity to do some gunsmithing! I like Model 70 Winchesters for the same reason. They always need just enough work to allow the gunsmith to make his mark. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there are stashes of good quality surplus (military) mausers still sitting in grease somewhere in the world waiting to be discovered and used for custom rifles.