Find
Notify
Tools

Best Take-Down system?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted
Who make the best boltrifle take-down system custom as factory build??

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm fond of the Blazer.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sauer 200 or 202. Solid and accurate.

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blaser. The new Mauser system (copies many of the Blaser features) also looks pretty nifty.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
The nicest take-down custom rifles I've see have been created by Duane Wiebe. In this department, I don't think anyone else's work even comes close.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
HS Precision followed by Blaser for factory models......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blaser......of course

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
Blaser, hands down.....
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A hand could get pretty tired hanging on to a thread that long. Big Grin

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Nortman, patented... the best.

The new "mauser" is the new "SAUER" system, as mauser does not make 98s anymore, sauer does under license

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39563 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Don! when did you take that? hunt details?

Are you going to try and have it mounted with the velvet still on? that would be a unique and interesting mount, but I have read that getting the velvet done right without it rotting or such is difficult.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
one more, Jeff, I went to the patent office and couldn't find that patent, can you explai that system or post pics?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Martini & Hagn, Hartmann & Weiss, R Johanssen, Theo Jung, Holland & Holland and Charles Newton's design are all great.

Blaser hired IKEA to design their "blaster r-93 mechano kit" animal animal

Cheers
/JOHAN

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
one more, Jeff, I went to the patent office and couldn't find that patent, can you explai that system or post pics?

Red

Saw it in the DSC show last january, in EMipre's booth... actually, on the rifle Nortman built for Boddington.

Push a release, slide a catch, taper pins to make the whole thing work, interupted threads..

just awesome

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39563 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I saw that one at dsc it was a slick operation for sure

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Befor clasifying TD systems. What do you guys actualy define as a Take Down rifle.
What about the following definition.

1: genuine Take Downs.
No tools is requierd, you only ned the use if integrated faetures, like Lockingdevices, Levers or expanders to dismount barrel and forstock
2: Semi Take Downs
You ned an external tool to just loosen lockscrews, to disasemble

3: Switch Barrel Systems,
You have to use external tools multiple times to unscrew parts, to disasemble.

Excamples of 1. Sauer 202Takedown, and other also using the Orth patent. Seweral systems using interupted Treads.HS Precicion. Schultz & Larsen 97 Take down, using a springloaded barrelclamping device, released by an excentric lever.Tompson Contender, , and most break open rifles.

Excamples of 2:
Dakota Traveler, VO Vapen,

Excamples of 3:
Blaser, Sauer 202, Sigarms, Rössler, Voere, Mauser 03, Merkel KR1, Schultz & Larsen 97-DL,

The list of excamples is not intendet to be complete, further excamples supplied by you would be positive

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorgen, HS Precision is a "type 1". Pull down a lever like on O/U Shotgun turn clockwise to disengage the interuppted threads and pull forward. It works quite well.............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dago Red

I think the person that Jeffe is talking about is Todd Hanson of Norsman Arms. He is the one that built Boddingtons rifle but I do not think his takedown system is patented and I have never seen an interrupted thread on any of his rifles.

Two of his rifles are on Guns America now. One is Boddingtons, # 976644780 and a two barrel set # 976722273. I have seen a lot of his rifles and sometimes they are listed as
Hanson & A. Dees or R. Hanson & someone else that I cant remember.

All takedown systems out there has good points and bad points. I would guess that 40% of all the custom gun makers has at one time or another made a takedown rifle. All just a little different than the other.

I lost about 1000 pictures of takedown rifles about 6 months ago due to computer ignorance on my part. A lot of these pictures are gone forever. I am trying to relocate a lot of them with no luck.
I would be interested in any pictures of takedown rifles or links to information from any of the custom makers out there. Thanks

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
would a plain interrupted thread work the best/easiest? I own a couple Savge 99TD's and all the barrels interchange and headspace dead nuts up.

I'm curious myself.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Blaser. The new Mauser system (copies many of the Blaser features) also looks pretty nifty.<br />- mike

They do both have very good accuracy aften many times with disassemble/assemble on you hunt tours. Never needed to click my scope when test shooting after disassemble/assemble my R93, and a friend tell the same about M03

My previous rifle was a S&L 97 DL which also showed good accuracy, but to me it was to heavy and today I would never by a rifle with wood stock and S&L does not offer synth stock

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Blaser is a very good system, I'd go Sauer take-down next, Nothing else is as repetable.

Blasers and Sauers shoot, and you can take them down without worry of ware.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote