$1000 Whitworth?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Was this thing really worth a grand? Whitworth Auction

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To someone! The factory ones I've seen like this were nicely done. I wouldn't pay $1000.00 for it, but for someone looking for a classic looking Mauser rifle, maybe, er, obviously...

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To some, yeah probably........but I'd guess a fellow could get a 375 Daly bld action and a real nice piece walnut NECG sites and do the work himself and be real close to that and have nice shooter at the end of the day.

And at the end of the day........that whitworth is still a danged ole mauser.........lol

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes! I saw that one earlyer It was about $300. No reserve too. Its a Bidding frenzy.

Im watching another auction on a FN action original rifle ,no reserve , it was at $140 with 11days to go. think its up to $275 , about 7 bids already. I sneak in at the last minute and see what its at. I have a feeling these dumb sharks are gonna have a bidding war and way over pay.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
it's worth what someone would pay for it, but that's about 40% more than my value for it...

but, heh, I would pay 200 for that stock, as plain and plain jane as it is..

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
that whitworth is still a danged ole mauser

You say that like it's a bad thing lol

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
$400 too much.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When we were farting around outside of Kamiah yesterday, my friend stopped in the only gunshop. They had a Mark X that was reworked nice stock, rechambered into a 270 Weatherby. It did come with a Redfield 2-7 wide field. Same old series with mag release on the triggerbow.

He picked it up for $360.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
$400 too much.

Agree.

Hell, I can get a CZ 550 American for $500, add a case colored PG cap for $50 or so and have the same for 1/2 the price.

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElCaballero:
Was this thing really worth a grand? Whitworth Auction

Must be. Some fool paid that much for it - an item is worth just what a buyer will pay for it, no more, no less!

I would look at $1,000 for a long time before I pooped it off on ANYTHING built on a Mark X action....... JMHO!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might see it back up for auction again. The dingle ball that won might have just wanted to win the bid war and not actually buy the damn gun.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote