THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Mannlicher Front Sling Swivel - need one bigger than the NECG offering

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher Front Sling Swivel - need one bigger than the NECG offering
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Where can I get one that is bigger than the NECG one?

I need something bigger than this one

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...on-detachable-1-blue

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
what size do you need? and call NECG and tell them.. they can order up to just shy of an inch

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39595 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
It's 1" inside width - I can bend it out to about 1.04" and still have the screw thread. I need about 1.125" - and that will also provide clearance for a ferrule instead of running against the wood. I don't have much room left to thin down the side walls and moving it more towards to end of the barrels throws it out of visual balance.

I'm working on a wood stock for my 8x57 Mannlicher (replacing the synthetic stock) and would like to use the traditional Mannlicher swivel. One thing I would do over again on my rifle would be to go with a #1 barrel versus a #2. A #1 would have easily given me enough room.

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Midway, they show three Ruger stirrup front swivels used for their International and plastic stocks.
#116599/ ruger#D13100
#446733/ruger #kj00421
#444855/ruger#kj00420

Don't list sizes but give them a call maybe
Good Luck
Bob

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
You know, you can usually thin the wood a good deal more than you think. We have become accustomed to seeing overly thick stocks on our rifles.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:
Try Midway, they show three Ruger stirrup front swivels used for their International and plastic stocks.
#116599/ ruger#D13100
#446733/ruger #kj00421
#444855/ruger#kj00420

Don't list sizes but give them a call maybe
Good Luck
Bob

Thanks. I was also looking at the Ruger #1 front swivel as well.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I got the parts in - ordered from gunpartscorp.com

The inside width of the swivel is 1.155" - so that is perfect and the escutcheons for it will be a nice added touch.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For future reference which Ruger part did you use ?
Thanks, Bob

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
The set from the Ruger #1 RSI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email kcstott on this board, he posts regularly. He does great work and can make large custom swivel bands. I plan on havine hime make me a lot of stuff once the Ruger pocket plate project is finished (new pics coming soon!).

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote