Notify
Tools

Remingto 14 and 141 pumps
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
I am considering buying a Remington 141 pump in
30 Remington just for fun. Anyone own one and know of any major malfunctions with them?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Have owned several in .25 Remington, .32 Remington and .35 Remington...same exact basic action design. Never had one bit of trouble with any of mine. For the .25 through .32, just use loading data for the corresponding
Winchester cartridges (.25-35 data for the .25 Rem, .30-30 Winchester data for the .30 Rem, and .32 Win Special data for the .32 Rem). Work great if you don't try to make magnums out of them.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
30 rem would be fun.. 35 rem would be more fun!!

great horseback/4wheeler gun... and i bet you can get 3 aimed shoots of faster than ANYONE (short of a super tuned semi) else

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington slide action 14A in 30 Rem. According to an old American Rifleman, it was manufactured in 1921 (S/N 8109*) , The condition, I would rate as very good and has no alterations or abuse. I am going to retire the rifle, not because it isn't adequate, but ammo and cases are getting scarce, it has done it's job very well. I wish they still made production rifles of blue steel and walnut.

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a few and really like them. They just don't make nice guns like these anymore. I am down to three 35's now and plan on keeping them. Have fun with yours!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to find a Parker Hale tang sight for a 14/141, had both windage and elevation.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I inherited my Grandfathers 141 in 30 Remington. About 35 years ago I harvested my first deer with it. It shoots great and will pass it along to my son.

I remember the first time I took it completely appart. It took me hours to get it back together and working. With the new Hornaday soft pointed lever action bullets and the 6.8 military round based on the 30 Remington You may see a resurgence of this round. The manufacturing cost of these guns (model 141) will prohibit there deserection.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote