New
Find
Notify
Tools

2nd Annual Shilen Swap Meet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Shilen Swap Meet will be held the 14th of October. It was a last minute thing last year and a little slow getting started. Bring your rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Bring any gunrelated item and sell or trade. Bring your own table. There will be no charge. Shilen will have Chili and drinks at no charge. Tours will be given in the shop. Ed Shilen will be available to answer questions and visit with you. The Band of Bubbas will be back this year
David Christman will be back this year with some of his wares.
E-mail jennifer.hull@shilen.com and let her know that you will be there.
Butch Lambert

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Butch, count on me being back this year. Had a great time at the first swap meet.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Funny enough, I was just thinking about this yesterday, while I was hog hunting (no luck)...

See ya there

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
butch l thank you soooooooo very much for posting this ausome event, sure wish i could go but i''m happy for you members that can, sounds super regards jjmp cheers

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I plan on being there. Missed last year.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Even though I'm leaving on an Elk hunting trip the following week, I'm going to try as best I can to make this one.

What time of morning is everyone going to get there? I assume it is for Saturday only?

What about a get together that night for cigars and beer? Or steaks and what ever?

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a very loose deal. I think that you can find the doors open at about 7am. Officially it starts at 8am. People were late showing up last year, about 10am. We've had a lot more iterest this year. I'm trying to presuade them to get the old wood out of the attic and put it out for sale. They don't sell complete rifles anymore. They also need to get rid of a lot of barreled actions that have collected over the years. David Christman promises to have my Mexican 7x57 receiver there in the semifinished state so that I can get it to Mark Stratton for his half octagon barrel treatment. I told him to bring my wood that he is going to use. Said it looked at least 50% better than my Lott wood. That would be out of this world. Craftsman, stay in touch.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's right about the time the new barrel for my 338/378 Wby is supposed to be ready. 2 birds with one stone. Smiler

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'll try to make it this time, probably have some stuff I should get rid of. Address, location?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shilen is at 205 Metro Park Blvd., Ennis, Texas. About 45 miles south of Dallas-Ft. Worth and is off Interstate 45 that goes to Houston. Hope to see you there.
Butch