New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Hull-Shilen Rifles-kidney transplant
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Most of you gunsmiths know Bill. He is a long time Buddy and traveling companion to the BR shoots. His son owns Shilen and Bill has run the barrel shop for about 20 yrs. Bill had his long awaited transplant early this morning. He is in ICU at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
That is in my 'hood.

I hope he recovers quickly. I have spent a little time at Baylor, luckily not as a patient.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers are on the way.
Hope he is ok with the new kidney.

Don

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
in my thoughts

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39595 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers and wishes for a safe, speedy and full recovery are with you, Bill.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will put him on our prayer list now. Best wishes for a safe operation, and a speedy recovery... I met him once at the Super Shoot, and he was a wonderful craftsman and human being. He had the gift of dealing with those not in the know, and not talking "down" to us.

We ask for healing according to God's grace and mercy.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill is doing great and is thankful for the thoughts. He may go home Tuesday. He said he couldn't lap any barrels for awhile.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update -- glad he is doing well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote