New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for 1999 Montana Arms Long Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes a good drop in synthetic stock for a right hand long action 1999 Montana Arms rifle in 375 H&H at a good price? Must be durable at it would be a rifle used by an African PH.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Borden Rimrock. I have one on my MRC 1999 in .375 Taylor. Several hundred rounds through it without a problem. The grip is very slim and I worried about that holding up, but it has not been a problem at all. I pillar bedded mine before painting... IIRC, about $300-350.

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put an Echols-McMillan on mine. It weighs 9 lbs 9.5 oz including Leu 1.75 X 6 and a 1 3/8" Kickeez pad. The stock is a magnum fill which added 4 oz. Price is about $400. It requires some fitting, pillar bedding and then painting ($87). I used a Williams extractor.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check with Oregunsmithing or Lone Wolf Rifle Stocks they both do them.

Dan

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
same spacing as win70 long... you have to take a little out to make it owrk.

there's LOTS of CHEAPCHEAP winchester plasticfantastic stocks on ebay

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also used an Echols-Mc Millan stock on a 338 RUM based on an MRC action . A friend was so impressed with the result he has orderd 2 Echol's stocks .
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McMillan offers a "drop in" for the MRC barreled actions

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote