Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Winchester Controlled Round Push Feed Action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
You're not getting a lot of responses to this question and I'm actually surprised it hasn't turned ugly already!

I have a CRPF in .25-06 that feeds perfectly so far. I haven't intentionally tried to jam it up yet either though. My first impression was that it does control the round coming out of the rails enough to prevent one from "popping up" during a fast cycling of the bolt. I'm still experimenting with mine so I really can't say a whole lot about it. I bedded mine myself and haven't finished with load development.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any opinions on these actions as used in a short mag? Thanks

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CRPF M70 Wall Mart Special in 270WSM. It feeds great. Pretty clever design by USRA IMO.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
call it the "shilen" or "savage" style controlled feed...

thought it was goofy until i worked with one...

aint a mauser.... still works

jeffe

Posts: 38544 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've mounted scopes and adjusted the triggers on several of them so far. Checked feeding with dummy rounds on two of them.

Goes against my traditionalists grain but this may be a significant development in the Model 70.

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Seems to be smoother feeding then the regular winchester CRF action when dealing with short mags. As far as I am concerned if it were just Push Feed it would be fine. I was thinking of rebarrelling it to another shortmag caliber and not sure if the action is worth it or not.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote